Civil War Button ??? and a 1900 Indian head

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this a Civil war button ? if so how old ? it says waterbury button .co.*.conn.* .... : the first thing I hit was this 1900 Indian head .... after digging up 2$ in clad I went in to the woods but the mosquito's and the trash were getting to me:BangHead: so I started to head out and peep ! Ok 1 more dig .... looks like a old navy button but ...I don't know I think im going back there lol :laughing7: thank you for looking you all rock :headbang: you can click on my pics up to 3 times to magnify them :laughing7:

war.jpg IMAGE00206.jpg 060513154207.jpg 060513154259.jpg look.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waterbury button .co...* conn *

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
waterbury button .co...* conn *

Check out relicman.com

There are a lot of button backmarks on there. There are very small differences in the backmarks that will change the date from Civil War to before or after. I believe the waterbury button co is thd oldest still producing buttons. They have been since before the civil war and they are still going.

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out relicman.com

There are a lot of button backmarks on there. There are very small differences in the backmarks that will change the date from Civil War to before or after. I believe the waterbury button co is thd oldest still producing buttons. They have been since before the civil war and they are still going.
thanks .....cool website but i still don't know i will post a new pick of the back of the button

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Post Civil War backmark. Alberts.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a nice button though. :)

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still a nice button though. :)

Absolutley. I love popping up old buttons like that. Part of the fun of this hobby is researching/detective work dating and provenance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread