AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMGP0601.JPG IMGP0595.JPG IMGP0605.JPG IMGP0603.JPG IMGP0602.JPG IMGP0599.JPG wilsongeorgianspcl.jpg imagesCA12WVVP.jpg

OK - so went back to my "favourite" site and came back with a side plate from a musket rifle and a part from a flintlock pistol (I think?) as well as MORE canon balls and shot - yet to be cleaned!!

Another few hours well spent!!

Upvote 5

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Luckily you realized what they were!

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds congrats HH

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds! Luckily you realized what they were!

I didn't!!

but I knew the who the guys were, hanging around this spot 300 yrs ago!! so I just googled it!!
and luckily, no one has set foot here since...!!

Erving

Apr 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They do appear to be the same parts as the ones on the pistol you posted. Nice finds, and research. :icon_thumleft:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ramrod guide....

Keep at that site, & expand out...

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
whats the function of a ram rod guide?

thanks!

Upon the command "draw ramrods", the soldier drew the ramrod from the musket. The ramrod was grasped and reversed when removed, and the large end was inserted about one inch into the muzzle.
Upon the command "ram down cartridge", the soldier then used the ramrod to firmly ram the wadding, bullet, and powder down to the breech of the barrel. The ramrod was then removed, reversed, and returned to half way in the musket by inserting it into the first and second ramrod pipes. The soldier's hand then grasped the top of the ramrod.
Upon the command "return rammers", the soldier would quickly push the rammer the remaining amount to completely return it to its normal position. Once the ramrod was properly replaced, the soldier's right arm would be held parallel to the ground at shoulder level, with the right fingertips touching the bayonet lug, and lightly pressing the musket to the soldier's left shoulder. The soldier's left hand still supported the musket.

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upon the command "draw ramrods", the soldier drew the ramrod from the musket. The ramrod was grasped and reversed when removed, and the large end was inserted about one inch into the muzzle.
Upon the command "ram down cartridge", the soldier then used the ramrod to firmly ram the wadding, bullet, and powder down to the breech of the barrel. The ramrod was then removed, reversed, and returned to half way in the musket by inserting it into the first and second ramrod pipes. The soldier's hand then grasped the top of the ramrod.
Upon the command "return rammers", the soldier would quickly push the rammer the remaining amount to completely return it to its normal position. Once the ramrod was properly replaced, the soldier's right arm would be held parallel to the ground at shoulder level, with the right fingertips touching the bayonet lug, and lightly pressing the musket to the soldier's left shoulder. The soldier's left hand still supported the musket.

cool thanks!!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some more great finds the Johnsas, I haven't forgot about the post about treating the cannonballs, I should have time today to put it together. Your pistol will require some special cleaning and preservation but it will be worth it. I do beleive you are at a junction now where you have to decide wether you want to try and do this all by yourself and maybe some patners or do you want to bring in the government Archaeologists now. Dealing with any government can be tricky and expensive and they can change there minds in an instant and cut you out all together and there is didly squat you can do about it. So if you decide to go that route then make sure you do not reveal too much untill you have something in writing that is iron clad and you are happy with the deal.
Again if you PM me your email I can send you some information on preserving artifacts so these treasure don't turn to powder on you.
ZDD

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some more great finds the Johnsas, I haven't forgot about the post about treating the cannonballs, I should have time today to put it together. Your pistol will require some special cleaning and preservation but it will be worth it. I do beleive you are at a junction now where you have to decide wether you want to try and do this all by yourself and maybe some patners or do you want to bring in the government Archaeologists now. Dealing with any government can be tricky and expensive and they can change there minds in an instant and cut you out all together and there is didly squat you can do about it. So if you decide to go that route then make sure you do not reveal too much untill you have something in writing that is iron clad and you are happy with the deal.
Again if you PM me your email I can send you some information on preserving artifacts so these treasure don't turn to powder on you.
ZDD

Many thanks!! will do!!

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used