After 6 Years in Junk Box, Cheap Looking Ring Turns Out To Be Real 14K Gold Ring!!

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found around six years ago, this gold colored ring, (cheapest looking thing I have ever seen) was simply tossed into my junk box. Never giving it a second thought, I forgot I had it. I saw something here on TreasureNet.com that looked like something I had in the box. Well, as I was digging through my box of el crappo, I came across the chinsey ring. I decided to test it with my gold test kit. I was shocked to see that this .7g ring was actually 14K gold. But the thing is so cheap looking. I filed through it and retested it. It is a flat metal band that appears to be junk. THIS WHY I NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY if I have even the smallest doubt. I feel like I just found it today! Never discount anything that looks like gold or silver until you have it tested. It had no markings on the band. That was another reason I thought it was junk. Check and recheck your junk every now and then. HH

20130608_194630-1_resized.jpg

Upvote 0

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well dang, this makes me want to go get my junk ring find tested somewhere. Same thing, no marks. Just looks like too much diamond to be real.

2013-06-01 13.57.05.jpg 2013-06-01 14.37.31.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread