I wonder if this is a meterorite? I KNOW this used to be a penny!

partenr

Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Washington State
Detector(s) used
White's Classic II
Perhaps this is common knowledge, but I know how to stop finding the same 'ol pennies over and over...MD near railroad tracks and find Smashed pennies :D Pretty interesting, we found 7 pennies smashed to different degrees of smashed-ness. I'm only showing 1 of them in the photo...the others were so smashed it's ALMOST impossible to make out any markings.

Also found an old Texaco gas station key. Dug this up in the woods near those tracks... along with the ID plate. It says:

GRANT LAMP
GERMAN AMERICAN ELECTRIC CO.
110 WEST 14th ST. NEW YORK
Patents Pending
NO: 2410 AMP. 10 VOLTS 110 S

If anyone knows anything about this ID plate, I'm curious. I find absolutely nothing on the Internets (lol...I said Internets) about it.

And finally the "rock." That thing makes my machine sing like no one's business. And I'm tellin you...it's HEAVY for it's size. It isn't obviously magentic (according to the refrigerator magnets). Anyone have an opinion as to whether or not it's a meteorite?

01232007.jpg
penny_train.jpg
grant_lamp.jpg
rock_metalic.jpg

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find that TEXACO Mens Room Key.

Probably a Decent value to it.
Even in that Condition.

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Don't trust the regrigerator magnet.Pick up a regular magnet at Radio Shack,or Wally World.
Rare earth magnets are the best,if you can find one.

oldguypromo

Jan 20, 2007
Super finds, the light tag must have come off of a big RR crossing light because it says its a 10 amp and thats a lot of current for a lamp.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whoever was after that guy reaaaaly had a problem :-\

HH
-GC

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
The rock is possibly a piece of slag that just fell out of a RR car. I've seen quite a bit of those little rocks, and yes, they feel very heavy for its size.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread