Lazy, lazy, lazy is the life of laralucine....

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
It's been a while since I made a proper post, but I've been checking in from time to time, and love seeing everyone's finds, as usual. I left my job (which is a good thing) at the end of December and have been trying to catch up around the house and with errands and stuff. I have also gotten out to hunt a fair amount, though not in the past week, as it's finally gotten cold. The day after xmas I met a great hunting buddy, and went out a few times on the weekends, and also hit my neighbors' yard pretty hard (house probably built ca. 1905). Some pix:

Several finds from a farm field - a dreidel, a "ribbon" (figure it must have been a pin, but no remaining pin on back), a religious medallion (back has a thing about the "Friar Priests"), and a broken 1935 rabies vaccination tag.
IMG_0517.JPG

My good coin finds from this year, in order (one each day, three days in a row!) My first V nickel! and a Merc and a Walker (my second! the first was my very first silver coin). Neighbors' yard.
IMG_0518.JPG

Next is a brooch, also from neighbors', gold tone, but exciting nonetheless:
IMG_0533.JPG

This was awesome - from the edge of my backyard - Rev War era. I started to get nervous it could be a replica, b/c my next door neighbors are, oddly enough, Rev War reenactors or something, but showed it to someone who IDed it as genuine. YAAY!!
IMG_0535.JPG

Another great (for me) find - same field as the first pic - buddy id'ed it as a fruit pickers' token, ca late 1800's - The script is very clear, but so fancy I can't tell if it's an "I" or an "L" (or even maybe an "S"?!?!?!)
IMG_0539.JPG

Finally, a commemorative spoon, from yard. It says "Admiral Dewey - Hero of Manila - Flagship Olympia" and the bowl of the spoon has a pic of the boat.
IMG_0542.JPG

In the neighbors' yard, I also found a silver lady's dress belt buckle (I think) - it was monogrammed, and I returned it to the home owner. He was really excited and explained that they're only the third family to live in the house, so he knew whose it was and they have met her kids/grandkids. When my neighbors moved in, they had a built-in drawer that was stuck and when they finally opened it, they found a huge leather-bound scrapbook/photo album which they eventually returned to the family. Just like on my new TV obsession "If Walls Could Talk";)

Thanks for looking and (maybe) reading my long post, and happy hunting!
Lara

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
awesome stuff lara! the walker and that buckle are fantastic! :o

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ooooooo.......Ahhhhhhhhh.......All good stuff, Lara! I love the buckle! (and the coins, of course!) :)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice finds there. You should get out more often. You have some great hunting opportunities where you live.
Congratulations on your first V nickel. I was excited to find my first a few weeks ago. And of coarse the Walkers are great. ;D

Other stuff awesome too. It's great to find those old relics.

Bob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Great finds, Lara. Nice display too. Keep up the good work.
Bob

OP
OP
laralucine

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MartyG said:
awesome stuff....... the token looks like it has a "7" on it to me

LOL - yes, you're right. I shrank the pic to fit more.. it says "No. 7" Then underneath, it says "?PE Co." (After looking with a magnifying glass, I'm fairly certain it's not "?P & Co."

Here's another pic:

Attachments

• IMG_0561_1.JPG
    IMG_0561_1.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,016
OP
OP
laralucine

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Great job Lazy Girl! Could we see a larger image of the religious medal?

Thanks, Gypsy!

Here's front/back:
Front says (and has a pic of) "The Assumption"
IMG_0562.JPG

Back says something about the friar monastery in NY (it's downstairs, and like I said, I'm lazy), then "This medal has been blessed by a friar priest".
IMG_0564.JPG

LL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Holy SMOKES girl! I am honestly speechless! No nails, drainage pipes, bullets? Tell me there was one or two? I am SO proud of you, (Little, just a little, jealous also ;). I can't wait for th gang to get together in the spring! Keep it up!

P.S. To heck with the job, keep swinging, maybe I'll join you ;)

papa

Sep 21, 2006
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Holy SMOKES girl! I am honestly speechless! No nails, drainage pipes, bullets? Tell me there was one or two? I am SO proud of you, (Little, just a little, jealous also ;). I can't wait for th gang to get together in the spring! Keep it up!

P.S. To heck with the job, keep swinging, maybe I'll join you ;)

If y'all go,can I go to? I'll tote the MD's,dig the holes and carry the coffee jug. ;D

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Careful Papa...........us Girls dig some big holes looking for those drainage pipes. Never mind you should see the size of a hole for a nail! ;D Right Lara?

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
Very nice finds Lara...That buckle is the S#[email protected] love it and the silver too....I would hunt that site any day...maybe every day..he he..
Sorry I'm addicted to this stuff and after a haul like that you will be too...Keep it up good luck
TnT

they must not have used nails on that house....He he...sorry had to say it..

OP
OP
laralucine

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Careful Papa...........us Girls dig some big holes looking for those drainage pipes. Never mind you should see the size of a hole for a nail! ;D Right Lara?

Hoo, boy - you're right, indeed. Besides, papa, if you do all that, what do we get to do?

Kim - of course I found tons of trash and nails and pipes and blah blah blah, but I wasn't taking pictures all along, so you'll just have to use your imagination:) I'll come get you when the ground unfreezes, or maybe we should try the beach - I had to get a new pinpointer, so now I have a backup you can use til you get one.
L

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread