Dug so many false $1 signals till this...

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dug and given up on so many $1 signals in my yard with my ace 250 that it was getting very old. Then I get another dollar signal at 4 inches and I am wondering if that junk is going to fit in my nail apron I use to put my finds in. I cut a round plug out with my 13 inch knife and turn the plug over and see the edge of a dollar size looking coin with ridges. Even though I have only found one silver dollar in 30 years I sure was hoping....It says Florida Pool Products with a treasure chest on that side and has a face of an old pirate on the other. DANG IT!!! If anyone could tell me how old this button is I sure would be grateful. Thanks a bunch.

Attachments

• IMG_2000.JPG
    IMG_2000.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,271
  • IMG_2001.JPG
    IMG_2001.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG_2007.JPG
    IMG_2007.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,129
Upvote 5

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Neat token, I want one... ;D
The button, I believe, is what they call a general service button with the "Great Seal" on the front. You can google "Great Seal buttons" and get many different links. Without the backmark it would probably be a little difficult to get an ideal of the age, as they still use that particular design today?... There may also be some people on the forum that can give you more info. I don't know a whole lot about them, as I have only found one similar to it...
Good luck on the ID, & Happy hunting~

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice~

HH

PalmettoBug

Aug 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a Florida Pool Products token in Corolla, NC.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dug many dollar signals Ill lift up my coil to make sure its not a can .id cause it will beep even a foot in the air then I dig and its reading vdi 89 94 then it still ends up being over a foot down and stiil digging I give up cause its for sure a can AT PRO hits junk deep but not coins at over a foot I hope. I like tokens that is a cool token for its age nice for a display case!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread