Coin spill with BIG SILVER... Large cent.. buttons.. watch fob.. interesting bell

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather was great today so my buddy and I got out for a while to a site that dates back to the early to mid 1800's. We both started hunting along the mature tree line near the road in the front yard.
174.JPG
Not even 5 minutes into the hunt I got my first signal and dug up a coin spill that started with a 1918 S Walking Liberty half dollar at only 3 inches deep.
167.JPG 168.JPG
I re-scanned the hole and was still getting a good signal in the side of the hole. Out popped a 1936 Mercury dime and a 1936 Buffalo nickel.
171.JPG 172.JPG
Still getting a good signal in the hole I proceeded to recover 3 wheat pennies from the same hole. I kept searching in this area and the next signal I got was a good solid 80 VDI on my VX3. I was surprised to see a large copper coin in the hole at about 3 inches deep very close to an old tree stump.
179.JPG 180.JPG Turned out to be an 1828 Coronet large cent.
About 10 feet away from the large cent I dug what appears to be a watch fob. It says "International Harvester Company of America" and advertises all the equipment they sell.
175.JPG 176.JPG
I'm not sure what the picture limit is in one post so I'll add a few more on in a second.

Last edited:
Upvote 11

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! Still looking for my first LC!
The weather was great today so my buddy and I got out for a while to a site that dates back to the early to mid 1800's. We both started hunting along the mature tree line near the road in the front yard.
View attachment 814230
Not even 5 minutes into the hunt I got my first signal and dug up a coin spill that started with a 1918 S Walking Liberty half dollar at only 3 inches deep.
View attachment 814233 View attachment 814235
I re-scanned the hole and was still getting a good signal in the side of the hole. Out popped a 1936 Mercury dime and a 1936 Buffalo nickel.
View attachment 814238 View attachment 814242
Still getting a good signal in the hole I proceeded to recover 3 wheat pennies from the same hole. I kept searching in this area and the next signal I got was a good solid 80 VDI on my VX3. I was surprised to see a large copper coin in the hole at about 3 inches deep very close to an old tree stump.
View attachment 814244 View attachment 814249 Turned out to be an 1828 Coronet large cent.
About 10 feet away from the large cent I dug what appears to be a watch fob. It says "International Harvester Company of America" and advertises all the equipment they sell.
View attachment 814252 View attachment 814253
I'm not sure what the picture limit is in one post so I'll add a few more on in a second.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions