First hunt with the ATPro made me a believer!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: First hunt with the ATPro made me a believer!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2012
    Northeast PA
    Minelab Etrac Garrett Propointer Garrett Propointer-AT Sampson T handle shovel
    10417 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

First hunt with the ATPro made me a believer!

Picked up a new ATPro today as a fathers day/graduation gift to myself. Went to 2 of my spots that i went over numerous times with my ace350 and managed 1.52 in clad, some other junk, and this pendant/medallion thing that i think may be silver. No marks but it looks like silver and sounds like silver when i drop it lol. it has the word "soni soit qui mal y pense" on it. also 4 more wheats that i for sure never got signals on with my 350. That makes 106 wheats on the year. Some of my targets had multiple pcs of junk in the hole with them. This thing is a beast. It feels solid as a rock compared to the 350. Dont get me wrong i love my 350 but I felt it was time for an upgrade. Thanks for looking and HH!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG01188-20130610-0301.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	630.1 KB 
ID:	814982Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG01189-20130610-0301.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	723.5 KB 
ID:	814983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG01191-20130610-0308.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	814984
    Last edited by cjon455; Jun 16, 2013 at 08:23 PM.

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    16171 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Yep, kinda what I said. Good choice! The proof is now in the pudding.

HH!
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

us
    Jun 2012
    Northeast PA
    10417 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHADIFIND View Post
    Yep, kinda what I said. Good choice! The proof is now in the pudding.

HH!
    yeah you along with others on Tnet gave some sound advice, I really like this thing! even the low grunt from iron isnt a terrible sound. My 350s iron grunt made me wanna wrap it around a tree, very loud and annoying. The atpro is smooth and has some nice tones, especially the high ones
    WHADIFIND likes this.

us
    Jul 2012
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
    3515 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The badge is the British royal coat of arms & I would guess that it is military related. I am not sure of age. Honi soit qui mal y pense" is a French phrase meaning: "Shamed be he who thinks evil of it". Nice find!

us
    Jun 2012
    Northeast PA
    10417 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mangum View Post
    The badge is the British royal coat of arms & I would guess that it is military related. I am not sure of age. Honi soit qui mal y pense" is a French phrase meaning: "Shamed be he who thinks evil of it". Nice find!
    thanks magnum!, it has all the signs of silver but i dont know, i dont have a test kit either. It can be aluminum but i cant bend it, but i dont know if thats a valid way of determining silver or not

us
    Jul 2012
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
    3515 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjon455

thanks magnum!, it has all the signs of silver but i dont know, i dont have a test kit either. It can be aluminum but i cant bend it, but i dont know if thats a valid way of determining silver or not
    It looks like a silver plate to me. I can see what looks like brass wearing through on the back.

gr
    Sep 2009
    Hades
    XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC (Sunray X-5, Coiltek Platypus, Detech Ultimate 13"), Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
    853 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Gorgeous badge!
    Metal detecting addiction counselling... does it exist?

us
    Jun 2012
    Northeast PA
    10417 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mangum View Post
    It looks like a silver plate to me. I can see what looks like brass wearing through on the back.
    yeah it could be, I did try polishing it becuase it had that yellowish tint on it, thats y most of it is "silver" looking and the area near the post is yellow

us
    Jun 2012
    Northeast PA
    10417 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by GioTheGreek View Post
    Gorgeous badge!
    thanks gio, ive never seen one before

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    16171 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjon455 View Post
    I really like this thing! even the low grunt from iron isnt a terrible sound. My 350s iron grunt made me wanna wrap it around a tree, very loud and annoying. The atpro is smooth and has some nice tones, especially the high ones
    Ya know, you remind of a very valid point and one that really bears repeating.

When choosing a detector, remember that you are going to be listening to it for many, many hours to come. If the pitch or frequencies it generates is even a little bit annoying to one's ears at first. It's NOT going to get better! Everyone should "listen" to a proposed detector for a bit to make sure it's sounds aren't hard on their ears.

Like you say, there are a few that simply cannot stand for a few seconds, let alone hours! The AT-Pro has a frequency that I found I could listen to for hours without a problem. If it's too harsh on you, you're not going to get out of the detector what you might expect.

So, along with the depth, range, discrimination, ground canceling. It would be a good thing to simply listen to the signals it can make before buying.

I suspect and predict that you are going to be a VERY happy camper with this one.

HH!
    cjon455 and JRMan like this.
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    14096 times
    Nice finds cjon.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

us
    Jan 2013
    fayette county wv
    Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
    672 times
    Metal Detecting
    nice finds congrats HH

Jul 2012
    36 times
    Nice finds. I too have an AT Pro. I've only had it for a few months and I love it. I hope u have many great hunts with it. HH
    cjon455 likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Northeast PA
    10417 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHADIFIND View Post
    When choosing a detector, remember that you are going to be listening to it for many, many hours to come. If the pitch or frequencies it generates is even a little bit annoying to one's ears at first. It's NOT going to get better!
    HH!
    absolutely!, ive read multiple reviews why some cant stand minelabs. I read somewhere that someone said it sounded like R2D2 on crack and thats why he got rid of it. Thats not to say i wouldnt gladly use a Minelab, but it just goes to show how, like you said, those tones can make or break your use of any chosen detector

Sep 2006
    lower sackville,nova scotia
    Garretts only
    2554 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    From the land of the Bluenose.....
    glad you are one with your new machine. Nice assortment of finds and i think a return visit to that spot is in order. My Pro sitting in the spare room....using my 24 year old Freedom 3 Plus...when machines were machines!
    Life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links