Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday and tuesday I hunted two different sidewalk tear outs. Monday I was with BadJim and hunted a section in my town that was in front of 5-6 old houses. Tuesday I was hunting in a town north of me with my buddy Erich and it was almost 2 blocks long and the houses were all turn of the century. Sadly we ran out of time and I doubt I can make it back since it is over an hour from home. We barely scratched the surface there. But the finds were incredible!!!! 5 total silver, Frankling half, 2 mercs, and 2 rosies, 4 indians 1892, 1896, 1897 and 1907..the 1896 was laying right on the SURFACE of the sidewalk dirt!

Got several wheats, couple buttons, heart pendant which rang up like silver but I think it is just plated, a cool medal that says American Veterinary Medical Association
and it dated Aug 23-27 1920. And my Favorite find was actually the 1852 One Penny Bank of Quebec Token. It is huge! Bigger than a half dollar sucker weighs almost 19 grams!

I attached a couple pics of the tear outs....if you ever see these, hit em fast what ever is there will be covered up again for another 50+ years!

tearout.jpg

tearout2.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

Upvote 20

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holy, I gotta keep my eye out for torn up sidewalks it seems! Those are some really nice finds! The gold looking pendant looks sweet!

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
sweet

Sweet! Congratz. Always fun to run into those old-town sidewalk tearouts, isn't it? (when the current concrete sidewalks used to be dirt-paths, or wooden walks).

And thanx for the pix of the lay-of-the-land too. A lot of people just post their finds only, with no "in situ" pix. It's always fun to see what one of those tearouts looks like. thanx!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice score!
Love the token!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are some dirty pics for those who enjoy that sorta thing :laughing7::laughing7:

1950 franklin.jpg dirty 6-17.jpg dirty 6-18.jpg

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
Super hunt! This is my preferred method of hunting in the midwest. I've hunted dozens of small towns around me and some are better than others...just like this one was for you. Anyway, just get up super early if you can and make that road trip; it'll be worth it! Besides, you can't sleep anyway right? :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super hunt! This is my preferred method of hunting in the midwest. I've hunted dozens of small towns around me and some are better than others...just like this one was for you. Anyway, just get up super early if you can and make that road trip; it'll be worth it! Besides, you can't sleep anyway right? :icon_thumleft:
well it would have to be real SUPER early since I work at 6:30am and this site is an hour NORTH of me and my job is 45 min SOUTH of me, so it is 1 hour and 45 min from work lol

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing that sidewalk tearout photo is like seeing Maria Sharapova smiling at me ( maybe asking what I'm doing later as well )
(I confess to having ripped the Sharapova referense from another post I saw on this forum ) Nice Finds by the way !!!

Last edited:

Stealth digger

Jun 2, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO & minelab pro 25 pointer. Other items I carry with me are a Yaesu VX 7 radio, maglit XL 50 , classic swiss army knife, solid brass Zippo, Gerber saw & Knife.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great Opportunity to get in there.

Nice finds!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am so jealous. Great job guy.... Hopefully you can get back before it's to late but it probably is. Best of luck to you on your next hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goes4ever , I think I could manage to call in sick for a couple of days and hunt those tearouts till nothing beeped - as someone mentioned,
that dirt isn't going to see the light of day for at least half a century .

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds.... I agree with the calling in sick idea. :laughing7:

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sidewalk/street tear up = dream come true! I am thoroughly envious lol...cheers! :occasion14::occasion14:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds.... I agree with the calling in sick idea. :laughing7:
I didn't call in sick, I asked for the day off and my boss let me have it off

Digs68

Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen some of these tear outs and didn't stop to check them. Now I'm regretting it!
Wow! What a haul!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread