Newbie finds first IH...1906...im stoaked!

mdmaniac

Jun 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4--first detector 6/2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out this morning before I had to open my store and found a 1906 Indian Head. I know its not much but made me happy as hell...only used my detector twice...thanks F4 And Thanx for reading! 20130623_130432-1.jpg

Upvote 7

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice find mdmaniac. Hope you don't mind but I lightened it up a bit.

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 81

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first indian. :thumbsup:

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats totally cool!

OP
OP
M

mdmaniac

Jun 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you again vpnavy...the pic is much better! And thank you to all for looking. I live on 4acres in thonotosassa fl (Seminol War territory) so I hope to find more. This is the first I have found that wasn't clad, trash or shotgun brass...it was 4" down.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to be in beautiful shape!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mdmaniac,
First congratulations on a nice Indian! Welcome to Tnet. 4 acres in Seminole Country, all sorts of possibilities there. Your store, is it on the property? How old is the store? People have lost everything ever owned by humans and more is lost every day AND some people buried their savings, way back when, and some even today I would guess. Sounds like you have a variety of possibilities at hand, I would suggest doing some research on the store and the property. Old maps showing encampments, old buildings (that may not be there now), county records to get an idea of who has been there and what they did for a living, were they blue collar, white collar, no collar, etc. With some info you might be able to identify areas of known habitation and increase your odds of locating more items.

I wish you good success with your hunting........................63bkpkr

Finman

Mar 21, 2009
Seymour, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab - Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the IH penny!! I was happy when, I found my first IH.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow , I'm stoked for you - I still haven't found an IH - after 9 years of detecting ! What shop do you operate ? how fortunate
that you have 4 acres of land that you can hunt !!!

OP
OP
M

mdmaniac

Jun 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for the comments! @ 63bkpkr thanks for the advice aand I need to clarify ...I have a store but that is not where I'm hunting...its in Lakeland FL and is a drive thru convenient store built in 1990..not much out of concrete....then I live on four acres by lake Thonotosassa in hillsborough county...settled in mids 1800s and saw many Indian conflicts and some civil war activity(been researching as u suggested).
@Argentium just a convenient store that's fairly new and wow about what u said of the IH I figured since I found it quick everyone had one...lol

OP
OP
M

mdmaniac

Jun 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@REdneck the f4 is my first detector and so far I'm pleased but definitely still learning and probably can't give a detailed review but it working and it's consistent with the target I'd numbers...I guess when u do it for awhile u just use the sound but I am finding that the target I'd helps alot while learning. There is alot of old shotgun brass ...I haven't looked up from what year but they ring in same everytime and I could leave if I wasn't learning so dig them all...ill give a better review in a month or two.

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i just bought one yesterday got a deal so im actully at the park now with it lol

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Got out this morning before I had to open my store and found a 1906 Indian Head. I know its not much but made me happy as hell...only used my detector twice...thanks F4 And Thanx for reading! View attachment 818210

An IH already. Wow. You are officially now "stud-muffin" status :) A gold coin will now be next on your to-do list :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

mdmaniac

Jun 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank u Tom I'm working on it...lol...found a 56 Rosie today tho....its gotta be the f4 cuz I only got like 10hrs but I dig everything that's not iron while I'm learning.

OP
OP
M

mdmaniac

Jun 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i just bought one yesterday got a deal so im actully at the park now with it lol

Awesome! It would be great to get a veterans review of the machine.

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And i love it lol covered some old ground the woman got 3 wheats with my tracker IV and i scored a nice well wait for the post lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread