tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice vid. tidetraveler!

What county do you live in?
And do you know who I have to ask about using a norwegian metal detector in sweden? (boarder crossing(tullen) and the permits?!)?

And again, nice vid :)

Thanks for watching! You shouldn't have any problems with Tull. Your main concern will be getting the permits from Länstyrelsen i Skane Lån till example. GL HH

Snusmumrikken

Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you certainly have an amazing grasp of the obvious :occasion18: but we can only hope that the broader audience of video posters take heed and do not follow your example of posting long videos without a text narrative and without some supporting still photos as not everyone has the "luxury" of being able to view the videos from every computational platform they have access to during the day.

aNorwegianLostInNewJersey

Erik, you should not watch youtube when you are at work ;)

Snusmumrikken

Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for watching! You shouldn't have any problems with Tull. Your main concern will be getting the permits from Länstyrelsen i Skane Lån till example. GL HH

Thanks for your answer. Is it hard to get a permit for MD'ing? I was thinking on Västerbotten...

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Each state is different. Skane is very good and only takes two weeks. It could take months in others and now that it's vacation time it only makes it harder.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your Zelda item is in reference to 'The Legend of Zelda' video game by Nintendo, which was first released in 1986. I believe it had other releases over the years and a somewhat cult-like following.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great video and finds congrats HH

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well through fits and starts I finally got thru the 8 minute video on my iPhone on the train on the way home. I can understand you getting tired of digging those 5 øre coins because as you know with approx 6 or 7 kroner per dollar in the 60s and 100 øre per krone, 5 øre is worth about one cent--like digging modern copper Lincoln cents. More than likely it was a "kiddie cache"....would take a couple bags of 5 øre coins to buy a beer--especially in Scandinavia! When I was a kid I remember Norwegian 5 øre coins being about the size of a US large cent and made of copper or copper alloy! And they had a 1 øre coin at that point worth 0.15 cents :) lol.

Nice find regarless and nice of the gentleman to show you the location of the original "cache."

Last edited:

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have loved to see the video, but I have to rely on the WiFi at work and they block YouTube as well.

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear you were able to finally to follow the hunt. Gl & HH on your next

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I see when I try to watch your video from my work computer--You just gotta love modern technology :tongue3:

You're not alone Erik. It is fustrating.

TN.jpg

Susanska

Jun 23, 2013
Faith
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh, polite ignorance is just as rude as the arrogant product it follows. Geez :(

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I very much enjoyed the video and thanks for posting. I was a little confused about the "tired of digging" until Erik in NJ explained in US terms what you were finding. Still, tone beats no tone every time.

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I very much enjoyed the video and thanks for posting. I was a little confused about the "tired of digging" until Erik in NJ explained in US terms what you were finding. Still, tone beats no tone every time.

For me it's not about the value of the coins. I have never sold any of my finds. I was just bored with knowing what I was going to dig next. It just became too predictable. I did look to see what the bronze 5 öre were worth in coins catalog and they are between $1.00-$2.50 a peace. Not sure if I would be very interested in buying one of these coins myself. So nice to hear you enjoyed following my hunt. I have a channel on youtube if you would like to see some of my other hunts. LostInSweden68 :hello:

Susanska

Jun 23, 2013
Faith
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it's not about the value of the coins. I have never sold any of my finds. I was just bored with knowing what I was going to dig next. It just became too predictable. I did look to see what the bronze 5 öre were worth in coins catalog and they are between $1.00-$2.50 a peace. Not sure if I would be very interested in buying one of these coins myself. So nice to hear you enjoyed following my hunt. I have a channel on youtube if you would like to see some of my other hunts. LostInSweden68 :hello:

I think I will subscribe :)

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I will subscribe :)
Cool! I have gotten the most positive feedback from the snowy winter hunts in the woods where I dig up a lot of old silver, bronze and copper coins as well as some cool relic finds. Heres one of my favorites to get you started. Tack a peek. Tack!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi - I'm seeing about 5 euro (or less for a dug coin) as a typical asking price for a 5 ore coin from the 60's.

Sweden 5 öre 1968 Sweden - coins - Catawiki

They are nice looking coins compared to our Lincolns .... I would have probably dug them all just to clear the area. You never know--there may have been a bag of silver coins in there too :)

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi - I'm seeing about 5 euro (or less for a dug coin) as a typical asking price for a 5 ore coin from the 60's.

Sweden 5 öre 1968 Sweden - coins - Catawiki

They are nice looking coins compared to our Lincolns .... I would have probably dug them all just to clear the area. You never know--there may have been a bag of silver coins in there too :)

Thanks for the link but I dug up the bronze Danish 5 öre not the copper Swedish five öre. Take a look at this link Coins Catalog - Denmark, 5 ore, KM#848.1 / Numismatics with Global Coins

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The prices quoted by the site you posted are listed as "UNC" coins which mean "uncirculated." I noticed this when I looked at t a 2010 US Cent was listed at over $1.20 and then I realized that they were listing UNC prices and even that is a high price for a 2010 UNC cent. The dug 5 ore coins will be worth close to face value which is a cent or two per coin.

Unfortunately (as you no doubt know living in Sweden) the Danish 5 ore coins are worth even less than the Swedish 5 ore coins as the Swedish krone has always been stronger than the Danish counterpart with the Norwegian krone being typically somewhere between the two. Anyway, hope this helps. I'd still go back and dig them all anyway since they are out of circulation and are just plain nice looking coins.

1960-1971 DENMARK 5 Ore KM# 848.1 value | DENMARK Coin Price Guide

Beste Hilsen!

Last edited:

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
N.B. that I just updated my post above which reconciles that prices that your site is quoting for the Danske 5 ore coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread