OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The prices quoted by the site you posted are listed as "UNC" coins which mean "uncirculated." I noticed this when I looked at t a 2010 US Cent was listed at over $1.20 and then I realized that they were listing UNC prices and even that is a high price for a 2010 UNC cent. The dug 5 ore coins will be worth close to face value which is a cent or two per coin.

Unfortunately (as you no doubt know living in Sweden) the Danish 5 ore coins are worth even less than the Swedish 5 ore coins as the Swedish krone has always been stronger than the Danish counterpart with the Norwegian krone being typically somewhere between the two. Anyway, hope this helps. I'd still go back and dig them all anyway since they are out of circulation and are just plain nice looking coins.

1960-1971 DENMARK 5 Ore KM# 848.1 value | DENMARK Coin Price Guide

Beste Hilsen!

Thanks for giving me a better understanding as to what I'm looking at. I didn't realize those were uncirculated prices. I checked out your Banner Find...very nice. I hope to find something worthy of a Banner vote someday. GL & HH

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for giving me a better understanding as to what I'm looking at. I didn't realize those were uncirculated prices. I checked out your Banner Find...very nice. I hope to find something worthy of a Banner vote someday. GL & HH

You're welcome and thank you. I'm sure you will be posting many banner worthy finds as you're a good hunter and you're in a great area for unearthing some fantastic finds! One of my dreams is to get back to Scandinavia to do some detecting. Keep up the great finds!

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds LostinSweden! Been following your videos for a while, you considered MD'ing in the neighbourland Denmark?? Close if your near border and I hear you can find some amazing finds there, def alot of med,viking activity
I'm going to a metal detecting rally in Oct. in search of at least one nice Viking find. It will be my first real open field hunt. Looking forward to making new friends from Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

Susanska

Jun 23, 2013
Faith
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your Zelda item is in reference to 'The Legend of Zelda' video game by Nintendo, which was first released in 1986. I believe it had other releases over the years and a somewhat cult-like following.

As a matter of fact, I have the gold cartridge in excellent condition for the Super Nintendo <3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread