Coin Cache Found In a Tree

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I thought it was cool. I would not have gotten board though,digging out all those coins would be fun for me. I wonder why some would have stashed them in a tree?

Kaminaxus

Sep 29, 2012
LU
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds LostinSweden! Been following your videos for a while, you considered MD'ing in the neighbourland Denmark?? Close if your near border and I hear you can find some amazing finds there, def alot of med,viking activity

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate when I tire of digging coins.
it happens though. especially when you dug 10 in a row, and you know
exactly what the next 10 will be, :laughing7:

Nice Video

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Many moons ago, I was gainfully employed by he California Department of Youth Authority, after cutting through all the BS touchy feely stuff I was basically a prison guard in a boys "school" for 16 to 18 or 19 year olds. One of the incarcerated boys had stolen a coin collection and hid it in a hollow of an oak tree. As far as I know he didn't tell anyone where it was hidden, and probably went back and got it after being released. But if he didn't go get it, then there is a treasure in a tree in California, since probably 1962 or 3.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a request for the video guys: videos are great, but please post some supporting text too and some still pics to supplement the video--not everyone has the time to sit through an 8-minute video and at work I can browse the forum, but can't get audio on the videos anyway. So a text overview and still pics would be a great way to supplement these types of posts. Thanks.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am on dial-up here Videos are a "No-Go" for me.

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a request for the video guys: videos are great, but please post some supporting text too and some still pics to supplement the video--not everyone has the time to sit through an 8-minute video and at work I can browse the forum, but can't get audio on the videos anyway. So a text overview and still pics would be a great way to supplement these types of posts. Thanks.

What I appreciate most about the internet is I can pick and choose what I view and read and can turn off the video or stop reading at anytime. It's an amazing amount of freedom. All I can do is suggest to you to exercise this luxury.

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate when I tire of digging coins.
it happens though. especially when you dug 10 in a row, and you know
exactly what the next 10 will be, :laughing7:

Nice Video

Thank you Jeff. What I like most about this hobby is the anticipation of the next exciting find. If you know what's coming out of the ground next it just takes all the fun out of it.

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds LostinSweden! Been following your videos for a while, you considered MD'ing in the neighbourland Denmark?? Close if your near border and I hear you can find some amazing finds there, def alot of med,viking activity

Yes i would like very much to meet some Danes and go looking for Viking treasure.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I appreciate most about the internet is I can pick and choose what I view and read and can turn off the video or stop reading at anytime. It's an amazing amount of freedom. All I can do is suggest to you to exercise this luxury.

Yes, you certainly have an amazing grasp of the obvious :occasion18: but we can only hope that the broader audience of video posters take heed and do not follow your example of posting long videos without a text narrative and without some supporting still photos as not everyone has the "luxury" of being able to view the videos from every computational platform they have access to during the day.

aNorwegianLostInNewJersey

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, you certainly have an amazing grasp of the obvious :occasion18: but we can only hope that the broader audience of video posters take heed and do not follow your example of posting long videos without a text narrative and without some supporting still photos as not everyone has the "luxury" of being able to view the videos from every computational platform they have access to during the day.

aNorwegianLostInNewJersey

Well thanks so much for your contribution. I included a title describing my post. Following the title in the column to the right you should notice the absence of a paperclip indicating no photo. You just gotta love modern technology.

myfantasia1

Oct 3, 2008
Colorado, Denver
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, and now AP Pro. and AP Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that would be a true dream I would not get bored. Though I most likely would get tired. Nice find. Hope to find one myself one day:icon_thumleft:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Well said Eric in NJ. I don't have time to watch 8min of who knows how poor the video makers abilities are. I read the rest of the thread to see if anymore info on the find, but....notta. HH

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well said Eric in NJ. I don't have time to watch 8min of who knows how poor the video makers abilities are. I read the rest of the thread to see if anymore info on the find, but....notta. HH
I see you were able to find the time to be negative towards my effort to share. I also noticed you chose to totally ignored all the positive comments that have been made.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is what I see when I try to watch your video from my work computer--You just gotta love modern technology :tongue3:

Attachments

• Tidetraveler.png
    Tidetraveler.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 91

Snusmumrikken

Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice vid. tidetraveler!

What county do you live in?
And do you know who I have to ask about using a norwegian metal detector in sweden? (boarder crossing(tullen) and the permits?!)?

And again, nice vid :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread