Fattony315

May 17, 2013
Up state ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine let me use one of his detectors about 3 months ago, the first thing i found was a 1919 silver dime. I was hooked. so I've been detecting once a week ever since. so now for a few of my finds. My first nice find was a 1/2 penny about 4 inch deep at a house built in 1780. next was the fugio 1787, hunting a 1800's house. found it about 5 inch deep. next was a draped bust large cent with no date in the yard next door, she was 1/2 inch deep. I like finding coins, but wish the detail was better. so 6/22/13, I head out on another hunt. 2 hours and I picked up a 1817 large cent at 1 1/2 inch deep, 1857 flying eagle cent at 2 inch deep and a 1852 large cent at 2 inch deep. turned out to be a great day. finely some coins with detail. I also found 2 buffalo nicks and 8 wheats along the way. Picture 001.jpg Picture 002.jpg Picture 003.jpg Picture 004.jpg

Upvote 1

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible sites you have there ! What is the half penny ? Harp with a crown over it ? Irish perhaps King George II or III ???

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those large cents are great. Can't wait to get back to that site next week. I'm sure there's still a few more there to dig up. I'm a little jealous about the flying eagle. I've never found one of those..... or a Fugio for that matter. Argentium.... the one copper is an Irish halfpenny. I was there when he found that one... and the Fugio... but the other ones he found on solo hunts. You're having a great "rookie" year. There will be more coppers... and silvers... to come. :thumbsup:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since your post title was so underwhelming....Lol.. I figured I would bump this one to the top for you again to give a few more people an opportunity to see those coppers. It's not every day you see Fugios and Irish halfpennies posted... and the condition of those two large cents you found is superb! Hopefully we will find a few more like that if we get to go out tomorrow... Hope the rain holds off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread