Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello
This is my third find ever.
And it was in the fifth hole in my yard...

Do you have any tips on how to clean it ? No Krone 1 2004.jpg

-Snusmumrikken :hello2:

Upvote 2

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice find Snusmumrikken. I am sure some member's will pipe in with cleaning suggestions. Personally, I use soap and warm water only.

OP
OP
S

Snusmumrikken

Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, thanks guys!
I will try with some soap. There is a trick with ketchup. But I dont feel like putting anything of value in it :P

SK

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never seen Norske 1 Kroner with a hole...is it really 2004? Ketchup works on nickel rich coins like US nickels. If it's modern try lemon juice and a tooth brush. Finish with a little baking soda slurry. For Americans 1 modern Kroner is worth about 15 cents.

I know Danish 25 öre had a hole and maybe a Swedish coin. Didn't Norwegian 10 öre have a hole? The older ones from the 60s?

OP
OP
S

Snusmumrikken

Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen Norske 1 Kroner with a hole...is it really 2004? Ketchup works on nickel rich coins like US nickels. If it's modern try lemon juice and a tooth brush. Finish with a little baking soda slurry. For Americans 1 modern Kroner is worth about 15 cents.

I know Danish 25 öre had a hole and maybe a Swedish coin. Didn't Norwegian 10 öre have a hole? The older ones from the 60s?

Its a 2004 yes, all the norwegian 1 Kroner is like that. :) I think its nickel in this coin, so I am going to try that :-) Also have to do some research for what the different coins is made of.

Norway changed their 1, 5 , 10 and 20 kroner coins and the paper money. Think it was at the end of the 1990's. Last year even the 50 øre were removed from the cashflow.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, when I was a boy (in the 60's) they had coins going all the way down to 1 ore! 5 ore was a large copper coin, 10 ore was a small coin with a hole. There was a 25 ore coin and 50 ore. So 1 kroner is now the smallest coin which is worth about 15 cents? That's pretty crazy to us Americans as we still have cents in circulation. The 1 kroner coin used to have King Olaf on it in the good old days. I have one of the Red Cross spillemachines that takes the 1 kroner coins.....do you remember those machines??

Its a 2004 yes, all the norwegian 1 Kroner is like that. :) I think its nickel in this coin, so I am going to try that :-) Also have to do some research for what the different coins is made of.

Norway changed their 1, 5 , 10 and 20 kroner coins and the paper money. Think it was at the end of the 1990's. Last year even the 50 øre were removed from the cashflow.

OP
OP
S

Snusmumrikken

Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
resize.jpg Yeah, is all gone. with gassprices at 14,5NOK (2.3 USD)/L we dont need any smaller coins than 1 kroner :P I have stached a few 50 øringer for saving :P

Is it that red cross "spilleautomat" were you shoot the coin from the side and try to hit the small gaps ? And the award you can win is stacked upwards ?
I remember the machine on the picture. I used to play on it when I was a kid. It was placed on an old ferry across "tysfjorden" in northern norway. On the way to Narvik.

Do you want to sell it ? :P

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, that is the machine! I remember playing them when I was a small boy when we were in Norway! It took almost an act of God for me to be able to find one for sale and to have it shipped to the US without damage--so no I do not want to sell it, but you are welcome to come over and play it (and detect) any time--I will keep the Aquavit chilled for you! :P LOL.

Wow, I can't believe all of the øringer coins are gone! They talked about getting rid of cents here in the US, but I think there would be a revolution in this country if they did--I can't imagine what would happen if they got rid of nickels, dimes, and quarters too.

Love those spilleautomat machines--brings back a lot of good memories from Norway from back in the 1970s... I still need to set mine up :)

Yeah, is all gone. with gassprices at 14,5NOK (2.3 USD)/L we dont need any smaller coins than 1 kroner :P I have stached a few 50 øringer for saving :P

Is it that red cross "spilleautomat" were you shoot the coin from the side and try to hit the small gaps ? And the award you can win is stacked upwards ?
I remember the machine on the picture. I used to play on it when I was a kid. It was placed on an old ferry across "tysfjorden" in northern norway. On the way to Narvik.

Do you want to sell it ? :P

OP
OP
S

Snusmumrikken

Jun 24, 2013
Arctic Circle
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hehe, didnt think you would sell it, and it would be hard to get it back again to norway without breaing it. :P

Here in norway we use more and more paycards. So I am happy getting rid of the 50 øring. the 10 and 25 were gone before my time...

Well, I might catch up on that invite sometime for some detecting and playing :D . We have a iphone app called "Kronespillet". It is that spilleautomat game:P

You have to set it up and play. It will be awesome, or just use the iphone app :P

your in New Jersey ?

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool, I'll look for the iPhone app! I would like to get one of the 5 or 10 øre machines if you ever see any for sale. The one I have is in quite nice shape with the paperwork intact. Now that the old 1 kr. coins are gone, how do I go about getting some more? Yes, I'm in New Jersey, but still have some family in Norway in the south. Love getting to Norway when I can--it's been a while :( I'll drop you a PM with some more information.

Beste Hilsen!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread