relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Saturday I took a hike to locate a colonial period Indian raid cave. The site had very few signals and the
cave had a few inches of water in it so I didn't go inside.

I then spent some time at a home-site nearby. It was difficult because the area was overgrown.The far side had a thick slope of soil and from this slope I pulled out these two items.

The first is a flattened metal band about 6 inches long with an ornate floral design. I think its made of lead
but I'm not at all sure. It might be an embroidery ring. The other item my wife thinks is a hat-pin.
I'd be interested in any comments as to possible age, metal type and other possible uses. Anyway, was
an interesting day in the woods.
Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• DSCN0227.JPG
    DSCN0227.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 122
  • DSCN0240.JPG
    DSCN0240.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
  • DSCN0241.JPG
    DSCN0241.JPG
    647 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 1

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi - I also dug several pieces of decorated metal band similar to yours in England last summer in a farm field. I never did get a chance to post it here. Mine seemed to be made of copper and I always thought it may have been used as a decorative piece along some woodwork in a house or the church that was near where I was detecting. If I come across it I will post a pic of it here for comparison.

Nice finds!

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the comments,guys. Eric I'd love to see the bands you have. I first thought it was silver, cause it bends easily, but it
failed your foil test.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread