First day at the oldest house in my neighborhood!

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by last night and asked the guy if I could dig there. He said I seemed like a nice enough guy and then said I could come over anytime! I mentioned that Zillow said it was built in 1930 but he said before that house was there, there was a small cottage there, and that his family are the originals in the neighborhood (old maps confirm this).

Anyway, I dropped by for 2 hours after work today. Could have done more but it's blistering hot out and now it's raining anyway. I did the whole (tiny) front yard, and a small section of the big back yard. Got 7 wheats and a tootsie toy! Where there are that many wheats, there HAS to be silver.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg

Here is the patent info I found on the razor blade holder Patent US1969945 - RAZOR AND LOADING DEVICE THEREFOR - Google Patents
Can't find a date on the lock, or figure out which tootsie toy that is. I also have no clue what that half person slab of metal is. If anyone has answers, I'd love them!

Upvote 1

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice, that site should produce! heck, it already has

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Little racing car is totally cool, & 7 wheaties on your first dig there definitely a good omen for next visit! :icon_thumright: HAVE FUN! :occasion18: Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread