springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back in time to post this as a "Today's Find". I went out to a wooded area with a buddy tonight that was right in front of what used to be an old house. The house has pretty much fallen apart completely now and all that is left is the foundation of the chimney. We thought that we may be able to get something good right around where the site of the home was so,we started hunting at about 7:30pm. A few hours passed and we had no luck other than finding a bunch of shotgun shell heads from maybe the 30s or so. The area wasn't offering up anything good so,we decided to go up the hill a little. He went to the left and I went to the right. I got a little caught up in quite a congested wooded area and decided to rendezvous back him but,on my way,I got a solid hit. I wasn't exactly sure what it was because I couldn't see the Target ID number on the AT Pro well due to the darkness. So,I just decided to dig there anyway...expecting another shotgun shell head or something. Eventually,I got close to the target and dug a little more and used the pinpointer again and discovered I had already dug it up. So,I had to maneuver my way through the sticks with the pinpointer and eventually picked this monster of a bullet up. It's almost an inch long,a half inch wide,and weighs 48 grams (Around 1.69 or so ounces). From what I can tell,I think it has 3 rings and no marking in the cavity...If anyone knows anything about these bullets,I'd like to know what kind it is. :) Massive Civil Bullet 2.JPG Massive Civil Bullet 3.JPG Massive Civil Bullet.JPG

Upvote 1

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a .577 Enfield Bullet that has been pulled/shot, reason why the end of the bullet is damaged.

Attachments

• nose.jpg
    nose.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also too note it might not be a pulled bullet but a shot have been fired at long distance and have impacted most likely into the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions