Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went water hunting early Monday morning
went to a beach I did pretty good in the gold dept. last year
I walked over a mile about chest deep - now and then zig zagging
in to waist deep trying to get in the zone
at the end of my run I did get into a spot where I was getting older clad - got a buffalo nickel and some wheats
but no silver - no gold
after being in for 3 hrs - I decided to head back to my vehicle
- I got about half way back and a woman yelled to me to wait up
she waded out to me and asked if I could do her a favor - the night before she dove in just before sunset
losing a large silver cuff bracelet off her wrist
I ask where it was and she pointed all the way back to the area I had just left but said it was in real shallow
She said she would give me a reward and I told her - I make at least a few returns a year and I never take rewards
and that most times after I have made a return - Ive been rewarded with a nice find - she said -"Good Karma"
and I said "That's how I look at it"
So I followed her back to where she thought she lost it
jumped in and started swinging - right off the bat I get a large signal - I thought I had it - it was a huge sinker
I got another good size hit - part of an aluminum can - she waded out and asked if I gotten it yet - I told her the tide had come in in the last
3 hrs - so it could be out where I now could not get to - but I knew a dealer up the street and either her or her friends could attempt
to find it if I failed - she said the bracelet had strong sentimental meaning and appreciated me trying to find it
The water had gotten rough and the sun had broken thru the haze - I was wearing a wet suit and was starting to cook and get tired
I got another large hit - switched my CZ21 to ID mode and got a midtone signal - if the bracelet was silver - it would have been a high tone
I scooped and got another piece of rotted can - I turned to shore and saw they were packing up their stuff - I walked another couple feet and got another large blast
I had a feeling this had to be it - I had my mask on but scould not see the bottom - I quickly flick to ID mode again and received a high tone - I dropped down and saw
the rim of the bracelet barely sticking out of the sand - plucked it up and yelled to the woman - "your not leaving with out this ...are you?"
She gave me a big huge and said she could not believe it - she again offered me some money - I said no - then offered to take me out to breakfast
once again I declined - I asked if she could - I would give her my email address and if she could - get a pic of her holding it and send it to me
Have not gotten it yet - but hoping she'll do it
BUT - on to the karma
the next beach I got in at - first target = a huge sinker
second target - an "I Love You " gold ring :icon_thumright:
J24casp.JPG

Upvote 10

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Casper. Congrats on both the return and the other found items.

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Karma. I love reading about finds returned to their owners.

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad the good karma came through for you!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
NEARLY INSTANT KARMA FINDING THE GOLD RING! :hello2: And the lady was lucky you found her bracelet right before she left. Andi

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did a real good deed, Casper! :thumbsup:

jodee89

May 26, 2013
derry, pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter sharp shooter ultra mag
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You not only gave her her bracelet back, you also gave it a story she will remember for the rest of her life

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions