Civil War Company Letter B and LOTS of lead and brass!

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone, People have been texting and asking why I have been so quiet.......just been working some shifts out of town which I don't mind doing as it gives me an opportunity to scout around in Virginia for future hunts. Anyway here are a few pics of my latest hunt. As you know I've been hitting some Yankee camps I hunted many years ago and I thought I had cleaned them out. Obviously NOT! Its amazing what just a few years can do to some wooded areas that were once impenetrable with underbrush......... now many are free of ground cover and the targets are everywhere! The 69's were deep but my machine picked them out without any trouble at all. Got a tip to a bayonet, hat letter B, some eagle buttons (3 coat and 1 cuff), a cuff Massachusetts, a cuff New York, some musket balls and several bucky balls. Temperatures are hitting middle 90's here where I live so I don't have to tell you how easy it is to wear yourself out. Heck even the ticks seem to be moving slower! Hahaha HH Devonrex

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 14

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score !

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear from ya bud,always look forward to it!

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man! VERY well done! I went out last week (also a central Virginia guy) and was worn plum OUT in 3 hours. Didn't score like YOU did though. Finds like that tend to make the heat more bearable! Envious . . .

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And unusual (I would think) to find a heap of .69s in a yankee camp, unless it's a very EARLY camp!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, People have been texting and asking why I have been so quiet.......just been working some shifts out of town which I don't mind doing as it gives me an opportunity to scout around in Virginia for future hunts. Anyway here are a few pics of my latest hunt. As you know I've been hitting some Yankee camps I hunted many years ago and I thought I had cleaned them out. Obviously NOT! Its amazing what just a few years can do to some wooded areas that were once impenetrable with underbrush......... now many are free of ground cover and the targets are everywhere! The 69's were deep but my machine picked them out without any trouble at all. Got a tip to a bayonet, hat letter B, some eagle buttons (3 coat and 1 cuff), a cuff Massachusetts, a cuff New York, some musket balls and several bucky balls. Temperatures are hitting middle 90's here where I live so I don't have to tell you how easy it is to wear yourself out. Heck even the ticks seem to be moving slower! Hahaha HH Devonrex

Old Post I Know .
Your finds still make me drool , love them Big 69's , or that's what a majority of the bullets look like.
Davers

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy moly those are some cool finds. Good state to be diggin in for sure send me some of those 90 degree days lol Well done

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions