This mornings Civil War diggin yields some great lead variety and my first IIIer!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This morning's Civil War diggin' yields some great lead variety and my first III'er!

Greetings!

Hit the camp-site again this morning with a pal here in the heart of Maryland and wanted to share our saves! I was using an F75SE for the first hour or so, then switched to my AT-Pro. I find that the chatter in the woods gives me premature ear fatigue when using the Fisher, even though it is a little deeper that the AT-pro.. Can't beat the audio on the AT-Pro, and smooth quiet operation. Both are great machines. My pal was hunting with an exceedingly trusty Tesoro DeLeon

18 pieces of lead between us. Nice rack! Maybe the same deer... Ponds bottle, not too old, but still cool.

Lots of varieties. You experts see anything rare? Curious about the one in the middle of the top row with a little nub on the base... What is that?

Nice carved on the right. Waterbury Scovill button. Anyone recognize the small brass fitting/key thingamagig?

My first 3 cent nickel on the right!! Clean date of 1865. :laughing7:

Thanks for looking!
HH/GL
Brad

Upvote 3

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think the bullet you asked about is a Williams Cleaner bullet.Very nice finds! I think the item you're referring to on the far left in the second picture is an attachment part for a shoulder epaulete.
BU18 Williams Cleaner Type I Bullet

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30.gif 16.gif

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe I was wrong what you were referring to as to the small brass fitting /key thingamajig but just in case I have posted a link to a picture of shoulder epaulete.

View attachment 821667

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job guy's, also IMO the bullet you are asking about is a 3 ring Williams Cleaner missing it's bottom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread