Good Karma Brings me some silver and 5 indians!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you believe in Karma? I sure do! A friend of mine got into detecting a yr ago and he found me on facebook and asked if we could get together so I could show him some pointers. He told me he has never really dug anything old. So I said lets go door knocking in the old part of town. I got permission for us at an old house, I found a few early wheats and he wasn't getting much, I got a solid 12-45 on the etrac and the depth was right..... so I called him over and told him to check the signal with his xterra. He did and told me his machine said it was a dime, so I told him to dig it, I was pretty sure it was an oldie, well he cut the plug, flipped it over and right there was a beautiful condition 1917 merc shining back at him, he was estatic and tried to hand the dime to me, said it was mine as I found the signal.

I absolutely refused and said no way, I gave you the signal, you dug it......, YOU keep it. Lets just say he was pretty thankful as it was his oldest silver ever, well I believe in karma and knew something soon good would come my way. We hit a second house and the goodies started flowing, first got an indian, the tiny toy car and the CW era heart heel plate in the front yard, went to the sideyard got 4 more indians, oldest was 1881, several wheats with oldest being the 1909, 1929 Canadian cent, and then I nabbed a no date SLQ.....there ya go, Karma just paid me back!

We hit one last place and I got 2 more wheats and the 1943 quarter. We had a fun day, we both got indians and silver.... I was able to show him several pointers on his machine and detecting in general. Don't get much better!

6-30-13dirty.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

Upvote 11

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and great finds. I believe in karma as well. I once did the same thing with a buddy when he was new to the hobby and I seemed to be digging a lot more coins than he was. Good job! :thumbsup:

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story, and from the looks of it, great soil! Those coins are in terrific shape.

skip_a_loo

Apr 11, 2013
Newton, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Up Graded to...GTP at Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On your 1943 D coin - On the other side of the D - What does that M stand for? Just curious TX

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a super great day of hunting. I like the car, I enjoy digging toys. The wheat pennies fared pretty well. Around here corrosion is a big problem. I am envious of your finds.HH.........GRiley

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great silver. Is the SLQ a 1918?thats what it seems to be from the pic

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
🥇 Banner finds