Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a church in a little town, so I went and talked to the pastor. He said it was 100 years old, and gave me permission to search with the understanding anything significant relating to the church he would like to keep. I said absolutely. It was unbelievably trashy, as I was getting pretty much 2 iron signals per sweep. I ended up with a couple bucks of clad and that was it, I could not find anything deep. Was hoping to find a few mercs or a barber or two. When I checked out with the pastor (I told him I would show him what I found), he said a reason for all the nails in the ground might have been due to a hardware store that use to be across the street. Oh well, you never know until you try.

Oh, forgot to mention, I felt much better after I went to the convenience store and bought 5 different $2 scratch tickets - ticket 1 - $50, ticket 2 - $2, ticket 3 - $0, ticket 4 - $200, ticket 5 - $4. Not bad for a $10 total investment.

Upvote 0

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I get a lot of hits from the little chunks of siding that they throw in the yard when they re-do a house. MAN, are those annoying.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad you didn't find something good at that old church. But looks like you did pretty well on the scratch off tickets.

HH, Ringfinder

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you will have to clean up the church grounds before the goodies come up. Congrats on the lotto tickets and HH, Mike

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Awww, you pulled clad, mixed in with some hardware, that balances out the hunt pretty well. But to win on those scratch tickets on the way home is THE WHIP TOPPING AND CHERRY ON TOP!
Congrats! HH

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
You never know unless you try. I have hunted a cupple in the past, and had those same results. Just missded the finds, or perhaps someone beat me there. Either way, "nothing ventured, nothing gained."

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Damn-
a couple more scratchoffs and you paid for the DFX!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions