The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE: I've been Googling 9999 Buddha and have found that the number 9 is important to many Asians. It represents freedom from enemies and disease. Buddhist temples, at least the large ones, have 9,999 small Buddhas and 1 large one. So, I do not think the 9999 necessarily means pure gold. The number represents good luck and plays a large part in Buddhist ceremony. The good thing is that all the gold buddhas, including amulets, etc. are at least 22K and a lot are 24K. So, in keeping with the 9999 theme, they probably want the gold to be .9999 too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...I guess that could be taken a couple of different ways ::)

I hit the local high school with Steve (ssehunter), Mike (TokenFinder) and Justin (justin75790) on Saturday. I got there a little earlier than the rest of the guys. I was using my 18" Excelerator...not for depth, just coverage. I have a Bigfoot on the way. Maybe I won't dislocate my shoulder with the Bigfoot. :) That Excelerator is a beast.
school_daze_1.jpg

There are very few signals on these fields as they are for "School Use Only". I was hunting along the benches on the sidelines and got an out-of-the-ordinary signal, bent down and just under the surface was a golden Buddha pendant. Next to it in the mud was the 18K chain. Nothing is broken...kinda wondering how they lost it. The pendant has a metal (don't know what it's made of) rim with glass covering the gold disk inside. If anyone can read Chinese, I'd love to know what it says. The chain has R750 on one part and 18K on another.
jan07_20.jpg

jan07_21.jpg

jan07_22.jpg

Later on we were hitting one of the three fields and I got a tight 92 signal. This ring was about two inches down. http://secure.jamesavery.com/jewelry/search/product/R-159-A/Radiant-Christ-Ring--Square/
jan07_19.jpg

I found this cool little gun in the bushes next to a tot lot on a short hunt earlier in the week. It actually works...you can pull the hammer back and fire it. I guess you can put little caps in it.
jan07_23.jpg

Total
jan07_18.jpg

HH!
TBGO

Upvote 0

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Re: So much grass, so little time...

The 9999 on the pendant coin means that it is the highest purity of gold for coins. That is an awsome find!!!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

Sweet stuff, Beep!!!!
WTG!!!

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri

Wow, now that's a gold day!! Yeah, that's .9999 gold along with all that 18k gold chain and that huge 14k gold ring! I mean, wow!!! VERY nice! ;D

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Good deal. Some nice Gold. ;D Not too shabby on the clad either. ;)

Looks like you have all the accessories. I heard the DFX falses a lot if you have the preamp at 4, AC up at 85 and DC at 40+. You run into this? Nate is sometimes envious of the Sunray Probe I have on my explorer.

Bob

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Mirage said:
Good deal. Some nice Gold. ;D Not too shabby on the clad either. ;)

Looks like you have all the accessories. I heard the DFX falses a lot if you have the preamp at 4, AC up at 85 and DC at 40+. You run into this? Nate is sometimes envious of the Sunray Probe I have on my explorer.

Bob

Thanks Bob. I was only running preamp at 2 for this hunt, however I usually run preamp at 4, AC at 70 and DC at 35 and have never had any problems. Most of the stuff I go after isn't that deep.

HH!
TBGO

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000

Wow ...really some nice finds...as if I have to tell you...congrats....joe

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Outstanding. Congratulations

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G :o L D!! Wow! I know you're doing the happy dance. ;D ;D

Excellent finds, Beep.

;) RR

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW WOW WOW!!! Great finds. Man you hit it today!!!!!!!!!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I swear you guys finds the best stuff!! The kids around here don't loose stuff like that!

I don't know Chinese....but I did recognize one of the symbols....the top right symbol means "Good Luck". Guess it helped!! The Buddha found his way out the dirt!! WTG!

HH,
Moon

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holy......! You did very well! Tsgman

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Onlycan say,'Tremendous'! I guess Texas is where it's at,school bleachers/fields in the ozarks don't hide that kinda loot.Congrats!Super Finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions