Liberty Bell Good Luck Spoon.... and Some Cellar Hole Hunting

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out a couple times this weekend for some cellar hole hunting. This spoon was found in my buddy's yard after one of the hunts. It's a souvenir Liberty Bell good luck spoon. It's a very small spoon....only slightly more than 4 inches long.

250.JPG 247.JPG
248.JPG 249.JPG

Here are a couple pics of a non dug one on ebay.

il_75x75.327213785.jpg il_75x75.327213591.jpg il_75x75.327213945.jpg

Here's a compilation pic of the finds.

240.JPG

Recovered a few flat buttons and an interesting sqaure piece that I can't ID. Any suggestions appreciated.

241.JPG

I found the inner workings of a pocket watch. Unfortunately the watch case was missing.

245.JPG

This ornate drawer pull was an interesting find. unfortunately it was in several pieces when it was recovered. It rang up as a solid 80 on my VX3. I was thinking large cent when I dug it.

242.JPG 243.JPG 244.JPG

Upvote 4

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very NICE, Evolution! What material is that spoon?, it looks copper. I have two copper spoons-they are quite delicate. I love finding furniture pulls-they display beautifully.
Sure wish I had access to more colonial sites.

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very NICE, Evolution! What material is that spoon?, it looks copper. I have two copper spoons-they are quite delicate. I love finding furniture pulls-they display beautifully.
Sure wish I had access to more colonial sites.
It looks to be copper or brass. At one time it was definitely silver plated. There were very small flakes of silver on it before I cleaned the dirt off of it. The ornate furniture pulls are definitely interesting to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread