35th SILVER coin for 2013 and its a DOOZY! From the great yard: 9th silver item.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
35th SILVER coin for 2013 and it's a DOOZY! From the great yard: 9th silver item.

35th SILVER coin for 2013 and it's a DOOZY!
Went back to the yard that I found the original 7 silvers coins , silver ring ,4 buffalo nickels and 30 wheats in on Saturday. Hunted the backyard for several hours and only found 5 wheats 2 Jefferson nickels and a "good for" token. I decided to go over the front yard briefly even though that was the section I thought I had covered the most thoroughly. I got 2 " from the edge of the sidewalk and bang: 7-46 on the Etrac. Dug a large trapdoor flipped it back and immediately saw a reeded edge: the coin was completely vertical. 1945 Walking Liberty half and with very little wear. My third half this year joining my other Walking Liberty and Barber half. Had to get all the silver coins from this same yard back together for one more picture. This is the most silver I've found in one yard. Definitely a CLOSE second for my all time best yard! Guess I'll have to go for 45 now, hope I'm not pushing my luck. This is already the most silver coins I've found in a month! (12)

File154.jpg

Upvote 10

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome find!, that badboy is on my wishlist amongst many others! looks like ur on a hot spot!

Jeanne

Jun 15, 2013
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX750
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice! You're very lucky to live in good hunting country.

Bullhead23

Sep 30, 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Current-Minelab E-Trac, Sunray Pro phones, TW digger
Past-Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's more silver coins in one hunt than I've found all year, congrats!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always :headbang: it when that honking big silver turns up !! Has been a good while maybe I am due !

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job man , the reverse of that WL is beautiful [I love the ,what I call "the landing Eagle design" of that type coin] all your coins are in fine shape in my opinion. WHAT A GREAT YARD...Davers

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fantastic. I love walkers! I'll bet that yard was a blast

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep most are VF-EF. The WL bordering on just barely XF.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Great Silver finds... Amazing what seems to left behind once in awhile.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great results. You are killing it. I gotta find a yard like that.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, best yard I've found since February and almost as good, a close second. The February yard had some good silver: 2 halves, 2 quarters 3 dimes besides 3 IH's.
Great results. You are killing it. I gotta find a yard like that.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that big silver is awesome. Nice save..i bet you go back for years. And still find silver ...not like you just did but there are some coins hiding out..lol

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you are a silver snipping fool.. Congrats on all of the success.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you dig your plugs so they dont dry out..i want to hunt a yard but dont want to kill the grass...they will not let me back if i kill the grass ..

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I cleaned it out pretty well. Spent about 4 hours on the second visit to this small yard and only found 7 old coins with the Walking half being the only silver. I found over 40 the first trip. Never know though.
Wow that big silver is awesome. Nice save..i bet you go back for years. And still find silver ...not like you just did but there are some coins hiding out..lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread