First beach hunt, first sterling ring

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lisa Jenks sterling ring (Maine).JPG I have never had the opportunity to MD an ocean beach so I took one day out of our vacation to Kennebunkport Maine. I never realized how different this type of hunting is from land hunting. LOL I've never had a hole full of dirt just keep refilling itself before I could find the target he he. My first ten minutes was amazing as I found this (my first) sterling ring on Gooches beach. Nice heavy band made by designer Lisa Jenks of NYC. Went on her web site and it sells for $185. Pretty nice day to detect, found plenty of clad and found out after a few empty holes that the beaches in Maine have more than a few mineralized rocks. I would get a high 80's hit which is usually a quarter but nada. Then I got same hit over an exposed rock, I kicked it to the side and sure enough it was the rock hitting in the 80's........also learned that with the AT Pro I need to manual ground balance for three different conditions. Dry sand, wet sand and sand under water. Pretty tricky but I got the hang of it.....I didn't see anyone else MD ing and I wish I lived closer to the ocean because I got hooked.....

Upvote 3

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver

jackc

Jun 24, 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really nice find!
It's Funny you say sometimes you wish you lived by the beach because you're hooked on detecting the beach, I live about 300 yards from the beach here in florida, and sometimes i wish i had a big stretch of mountains and woods to detect with old circa 1800's homesites. HaHa!

OP
OP
Fast Ed

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really nice find!
It's Funny you say sometimes you wish you lived by the beach because you're hooked on detecting the beach, I live about 300 yards from the beach here in florida, and sometimes i wish i had a big stretch of mountains and woods to detect with old circa 1800's homesites. HaHa!

Well maybe we can work something out. PM me. I'm looking for a place to rent for a month this winter. Maybe you can show me the ropes and I can hook you up with an 1800's homesite in the foothills of the Adirondacks. Lets talk.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread