22k Gold & Emerald ring today...WOW!!!

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(update- back from jeweler, emerald is real) Hello all, just posted this in the beach forum, want to share with all hunters!! I still cant believe it either!! Mr. Gary Drayton would be proud of this one...lol. Was at the water line at the 7am low tide this mourn, the first hour was gloomy with nothing but bottle caps and a few clad. Three hours later found a low spot with a quarter, fish sinker and this 22k (916) Emerald beauty!!! First thing I did was look up the mark 916, no freakin way, broke out the acid to make sure, tested 22k all day!!!
I cant say the emerald is real yet, will have it looked at, but it sure looks good!!! Thx for looking and HH!!!!

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 006.JPG 005.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 24

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eric in NJ, was told its prob about 6cts, vintage, I am going to go see someone to find out more about the size of emerald, quality, age and where it was possibly made. Thx

There is a very high end jewelry store in my area that really specializes in emeralds. They have some amazing stuff on display. I will ask my wife the name of the place and PM it to you as they would be an excellent resource in anything to do with emeralds.

Any hallmarks inside the ring?

OP
OP
Coastie59

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx, the mark says- PB 916

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Coastie59

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx pirate, prob my find of a life time...unless that gold coin comes along..lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread