Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug these yesterday and knew that I had an Indian but it took countless peroxide baths to reveal a date of 1884! I didn't realize that these were a bit hard to find.. I quit cleaning when I got a decent date

1884 INDIAN PAN.jpg

I also found what appears to be a Victorian hair piece but I'm not certain. It was about 8" down and very close to where I found other Victorian items. Any input?

HIARPIECE 1.JPG HAIR PIECE 2.jpg
HAIR PIECE COMPARISON.jpg

I also found what appears to be a button? If it is, I have no idea how it would attach. Anyone seen anything like this?

BUTTON 1.jpg BUTTON 2.jpg

Thanks! - Wit :blackbeard:

Upvote 3

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The victorian hair piece looks more like a victorian belt buckel, i found one two years ago..Nice piece...Congrats...:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Minrelica

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The victorian hair piece looks more like a victorian belt buckel, i found one two years ago..Nice piece...Congrats...:thumbsup:

The thought of it being a belt buckle never crossed my mind but I like the idea. Thanks!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds. I use JUST a toothpick on the IHs (no water) I've had great results, the "crust" is just dirt. I've ruined a couple with peroxide, plus I like to keep the green patina, although yours looks nice from what I can tell. I also like the belt buckle or whatever it is. HH!

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great finds!

OP
OP
Minrelica

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds. I use JUST a toothpick on the IHs (no water) I've had great results, the "crust" is just dirt. I've ruined a couple with peroxide, plus I like to keep the green patina, although yours looks nice from what I can tell. I also like the belt buckle or whatever it is. HH!

This Indian was found under a sidewalk tearout.. Any time you find coins under sidewalks or streets there's a good chance that some of the "crust" is asphalt or cement which doesn't come off as easy as dirt. I poked at this coin with a toothpick but some of that stuff is really on there and I think if it's cement from the sidewalk there's always the possibility of actually scratching the coin by trying to force it off. As far a the green patina.. Some feel the peroxide doesn't harm it, other claim it does. This one is not showing it but there is also a dab of olive oil on it to show the date better for the photo

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Silver and Gold find

IMG_0870.JPG I found theses at an old school house. I hope they upload. You can't see them well. They are 1898 dime, 1900 Dime, and 1916. One Indian and a wheat and an old medal with the initials PBSC I think, it is a Christian medal I was told. The gold seems to have come off some type of jewelry. I am new to this game, this find hooked me forever.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread