I almost threw this away...Eagle Bridle Rosette!

OP
OP
M

metaldetective

May 14, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w/ 10x12 SEF EXcelerator
White's 6000 Di PRO SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like maybe circa 1840s or1850s?

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE SCORE ! I learned a lesson about throwing items away from buckleboy , I had what I thought was a pile of junk and he told me to post a pic and said he would find a keeper item in the mess and sure enough he pointed out a tompion I had mistaken for a piece of junk ... so it always pays to triple check your stuff before discarding

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife wants to beat me for not tossing apparent junk away, but I pay attention to my junk and pocket anything I can't 100% Identify as junk. Among those were a 1800's silver pocket watch cover easily mistaken for aluminum in a heavily litter area, 1920 Cosmetic containers And my wife herself placed what she believed to be a "Shiny rock" in her pocket, which turned out to be melted silver. My box of iron scraps have yet to be identified and some I'm sure, have historic relevance. Being a packrat has it's privileges.

Awesome find.

OP
OP
M

metaldetective

May 14, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di PRO SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A closer inspection reveals that the "W" on the shield is stamped in. Any ideas on what that might stand for? Any ideas on approximate age? Thanks!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find and save.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is outstanding and does appear to be early...if it is a Rossette you dont see many early ones posted!!That is a dandy!!!

OP
OP
M

metaldetective

May 14, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di PRO SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks leddel, that looks right!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE SCORE ! I learned a lesson about throwing items away from buckleboy , I had what I thought was a pile of junk and he told me to post a pic and said he would find a keeper item in the mess and sure enough he pointed out a tompion I had mistaken for a piece of junk ... so it always pays to triple check your stuff before discarding

I was glad you didn't toss that one out--because I've never managed to find one of those suckers in 20 years! They are not at all common to find.

Cheers,

Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread