Beach water hunt, Ring and Iphone

jackc

Jun 24, 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the beach for 2 hours today. Nice high tide hunt, water was calm and warm like bath-water! Really relaxing.
Anyways got my second silver ring this week, along with finding this Iphone.
Bet someone was having a bad day losing the phone.
Wife was definitely happy with the ring.

I just got this tesoro sand shark about a week ago and can say i'm very very happy with it! :icon_thumright:
Happy Hunting everyone!

8-3-2013.jpg

Upvote 5

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Friendly State Parks beach guy told me that once cell phones soak up water, they're kaput. Last year I found one identical to what jackc just found -- the one I found was a couple inches under sand above the high water mark, only slightly moist so I gave it to my tech-savvy daughter to give to someone who might salvage it. Since my conversion to metal detecting from nature lover with eyes always on sky, trees & clouds, I've been constantly looking DOWN instead of up, and have eyeball found two lost new cell phones, one on bus & one in restaurant bathroom -- owners were very glad to get them back. Andi

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told by a fellow looter that even dead smartphones were worth good money for precious metals inside. Not sure about this, but may be worth researching! Nice finds!

OP
OP
J

jackc

Jun 24, 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just checking online and it might be worth about $40 according to one of the "buy broken Iphone websites".
Although yeah it's really toasted, there is some corrosion and sand stuck to the sides of it.
but who knows...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread