Serpent pendant

Sarah B

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this interesting little pendant today while metal detecting a trail to a local natural rock formation. It's about 1 1/2" in length and shows the snake/serpent wrapped around in a circle. The top section of the pendant turns.

I am fairly new to detecting (and brand new to this forum). I cannot identify the metal, but have read never to clean with anything but mild soap and water until I know more about my find. Not sure what to make of this one and would love some insight. Thanks!

In the same hour I also found an Indian head penny and some old Winchester casings, so a banner day for me! On most good days I'm lucky to find pocket change. Still getting used to my machine and usually have my kids with me, who insist on digging up every bottle cap. We are all having a great time with my new hobby. :) Image.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Sarah B

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it is most definitely a watch winder. Many thanks for the suggestion. My husband and I have been scratching our heads over this all night. Love this site...I should have posted hours ago!

Does anyone have an idea of when this was made?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread