Hawk060

Tenderfoot
Aug 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my first metal detector a week a go. It's a cheep little no bell's or knobs to turn but it has been fun and got me out of the house for a bit into the back yard. So one of my first finds is the Wyatt Earp badge and new coins. Date on badge says 1957. It was found in upstate Ny and my moms house thats not that old. Built in the 1930's. My hunt will continue with my new found hobby for coin's and other things of the past.

Found with:
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
2 inch's dry dirt
Upstate NY

Attachments

• IMAG0461.jpg
    IMAG0461.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG0466.jpg
    IMAG0466.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 9

aRustyPatina

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2012
That's awesome! My first find was a pair of Red Ryder BB gun tokens that use to have the little viewer with picture stills from the old show. Some one was using them to hold a Yale key for a lock. They were buried deep in a garden under 40 years worth of plants called iron something....terrible tough roots...almost stopped digging and was rewarded with my find. I have one and gave the other to my wife. Now she wants me to find gold, lol. W.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a really cool find from a time when a kid could play with a toy gun and not have a swat team called on him

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember watching that show as a kid and liked it quite a bit.....

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find !

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know, in the 19th century Wyatt Earp found work as a Bounty Hunter...and now here in the 21st century...a Bounty Hunter finds a Wyatt Earp!

yuk yuk...(sorry).

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a cool find Hawk. Looks like a merchandising item from the TV show starring Hugh O'Brian that began in 1955 and ran until 1961 or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread