Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep in the woods. Where no man has gone before you!

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting question and I will give my stock answer ---- Put the MD away in a closet and start doing RESEARCH , Those who get results in this hobby spend 75% of the time doing research and 25 % out there swinging.
look up your states historical roadside marker website and find those near you , Getting permission is another thing , but markers indicate some activity took place close by and thus there was human activity - In CW hunting the marker only indicates a spot , the lines were very fluid
Go to the local Library and read old newspapers or look at old pictures to get the general idea of what the property looked like years ago
Ask around, talk to the old folks, see what they know
look for old road side stands that sold fruit ect
Look by bridges that overpass streams, people would fish or swim there
Be mindful of street names They will sometimes give hints - In NY we found a road called the SHUN PIKE , it was a road that avoided a toll on a private road, found lots of stuff around streams and big old trees where people rested
RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH Stop swinging start reading!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said before you.....not AFTER you!:cat:

Yeah too much coffee... waiting to hear how crazy rare that copper is! (would be nice huh) There's another message out now to someone who should be in the know, so within a day or so that badboy is going to be getting around.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need help too, if anyone knows for sure where some nice 1600 silvers are, exact co-ordinates please, I don't want to do any useless searching, give me a call. 555 IAM LAZY

megnpat

Apr 30, 2013
bellaire MI
Detector(s) used
somethin with a round thing on it ;)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting question and I will give my stock answer ---- Put the MD away in a closet and start doing RESEARCH , Those who get results in this hobby spend 75% of the time doing research and 25 % out there swinging.
look up your states historical roadside marker website and find those near you , Getting permission is another thing , but markers indicate some activity took place close by and thus there was human activity - In CW hunting the marker only indicates a spot , the lines were very fluid
Go to the local Library and read old newspapers or look at old pictures to get the general idea of what the property looked like years ago
Ask around, talk to the old folks, see what they know
look for old road side stands that sold fruit ect
Look by bridges that overpass streams, people would fish or swim there
Be mindful of street names They will sometimes give hints - In NY we found a road called the SHUN PIKE , it was a road that avoided a toll on a private road, found lots of stuff around streams and big old trees where people rested
RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH Stop swinging start reading!
what this guy says is true everyone else is pretty much being sarcastic but noone is gonna tell you where they hunt cause they already did the research i spend hours at the library goin over old newspapers and the same on the internet its mind boggling the amount of stuff people forget about or just write off

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah too much coffee... waiting to hear how crazy rare that copper is! (would be nice huh) There's another message out now to someone who should be in the know, so within a day or so that badboy is going to be getting around.
Haven't been able to locate a pic of a cft. in any auctions or anything. Can't believe that Atlee, with all his experience with coppers, would cut a die that would be so far off on the last digit in the date. The arm pointing up bothers me, as compared to the other examples. But, these coins were test pieces......and patterns.....correct? Well, until they minted and circulated some. I guess there's no definitive numbers on production , right?

Last edited:

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were are the best places to search for old coins? In my opinion private property.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread