An owl, a ring and big money, oh my!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi everyone, happy Wednesday, I hope your all having a great and safe week!
icon_thumleft.gif
As you can see, I'm hanging in there, my Dr has put me on a new medicine to see if it will take care of the pain I'm still feeling, and also so that I don't have another angina attack that put me back in the hospital earlier this month. If it doesn't work, I might have to have a angiogram, or open heart surgery, so for now, no surgery on my kidney.
BangHead.gif
My Dr loves that I am getting out and metal detecting, and working in the yard, but he says I need to go easy, and not push myself, no problem, I sit and rest often, I have to or Chug will kick my behind!
laughing7.gif

Chug did great this past weekend, the park we went to on Saturday, started with a laugh. There were a few men there to clean the park, well, one of them says he can get the truck down to the beach, so that it would be easier to pick up all the trash there, instead of using bags to collect everything and take it up to the truck. Well, things didn't go his way, he ended up with the right rear tire stuck in some big rocks, and couldn't get it out!
BangHead.gif
They ended up calling a tow truck, to get it free! 0817130908.jpg
laughing7.gif
One of the men saw us and our toys, he came over to us and said we hadn't paid our detecting dues lately. He then proceeds to tell us about all the cool stuff he finds, we talked for a few minutes, and headed down to the water and wet sand. We both saw a nice log, you know the ones, the big ones people use to hang and put things, so they don't lose anything. Chug was working around where the fire pit was when he looks down, and there sitting on top of the sand, was this little beauty! 8-22-13 041.JPG 8-22-13 045.JPG Stainless steel, and it's a spinner also! We are both surprised the worker who talked to us missed it, as there is usually lots of garbage around this log, oh well, sucks to be him!
laughing7.gif
Further down the beach, I headed up to an area we know people like to party at, I found this, 8-22-13 054.JPG I swear I must have spent a good 10 minutes hoping and trying to find whatever it was hooked up to!
BangHead.gif
I also found this cool shirt, it will be perfect for one of our tenants grandson! 8-22-13 055.JPG We went further down the beach, to one of our favorite places to hunt, and Chug found Hootie! 8-22-13 039.JPG Isn't he just the cutest little guy? He is going to look great on a necklace I'm going to make!
headbang.gif
Chug at one point found big money, on our way back, to leave for the day. It was getting warm so we hunted the water, and that is where Chug hit the big money! 8-22-13 042.JPG 8-22-13 047.JPG Would you believe it's a lighter?! There is even a small bell, so you can hang it on a chain, or whatever! It doesn't work, but it still will look great being displayed with our other finds!
hello2.gif
Sunday was a slow day, but still fun, we didn't find but a few coins and some grey matter, along with the usual stuff, bottle caps, pull tabs, nails, well, you get the picture, LOL
We can't wait til this weekend, the tide will be negative low, which will be so much fun, last year we found all kinds of things, mostly grey matter, but tons of clad!
Ok, the next pictures are of necklaces I made, using jewelry that Chug has found. He wanted me to show you all what I made. The first one is a pendant Chug found a couple of years ago, the stone was mined in Sweet Home Oregon, it's rare, and not mined any more. For the life of me, I cannot remember what the stone is, I bet you I will remember what it is sometime tonight after I go to sleep!
BangHead.gif
Nope Chug saved the Day

Holly Blue Agate Purple Chalcedony Love you Red

Mined In Sweet home, Oregon

8-22-13 053.JPG Before..... 8-22-13 048.JPG 8-22-13 052.JPG and after, I used pearls on this one, to compliment the color of the stone, and this is the other one Chug found, 8-22-13 049.JPG Before, LOL ...... 8-22-13 051.JPG 8-22-13 050.JPG and after. I will post more jewelry when I'm done, especially of Hootie!
Take care, stay safe and I hope the rest of your week goes great! HH Red
hello.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 12

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread