My sons finds with his 1st metal detector...Day 1

ilovemycows

May 26, 2013
Joshua, Texas
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Garret Ace 250 (my son's), Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son's finds with his 1st metal detector...Day 1

My son has been my detecting buddy since I got my detector in April. We usually take turns detecting, digging, etc. I just bought him a Garrett Ace 250 so we went out yesterday. He did awesome! He found 61 coins, a dog tag necklace and a cross. I just love it that we can share this hobby together!

Attachments

• image-472737341.jpg
    image-472737341.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 185
  • image-3924509587.jpg
    image-3924509587.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 10

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul! Congrats and HH!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's excellent. I got a spare detector for my son years ago, but his interest faded quickly.

Jeanne

Jun 15, 2013
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX750
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's so great! The best finds are the memories. I miss when my boys were young and sweet!

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How fun for all of you!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

justdugcrazy

Aug 6, 2013
Congrats on your finds.I thank you for allowing your son to become a historical hunter.keep hunting and keep posting

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty awesome stuff. Though my Dad never shared my interest in detecting or history some of my fondest memories are of our hunting trips. For many years he was about the only person I cared to deer hunt with. His age and health keeps him from going now but he still loves the sport. Got a big 12 last season that he knew I was hunting. We had discussed the strategy for him several times. The evening I got him I called Dad before I ever even laid hands on the buck. As soon as he picked up the phone his first word were "got him didn't ya". Truly seems to me that parents that find that hobby to share with their children create a different type of bond that lasts their entire lives.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very glad you guys share detecting as an interest . My wife has made my 5& a half year old son think MD is a bad thing I hope when he gets older he will take an interest , but I will support him in whatever he wants to do. Kid's like most every body want instant rewards as metal detecting takes patience . That's a beautiful cross and a ton of change look,s like he's already an excellent hunter-[ dirt hunter that is] .

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice very nice.Enjoy your hunts.

khamsley

Mar 7, 2013
Middle Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2. Garrett ACE 150. Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds. Glad to see your sons interest in our hobby.

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yea good to see some youngins out there into the hobby. Congrats!

OP
OP
ilovemycows

ilovemycows

May 26, 2013
Joshua, Texas
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Garret Ace 250 (my son's), Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I am so thrilled that we have this hobby to share now because my husband and my son share hunting and baseball. My son is 11 years old. We've made so many priceless memories together this summer detecting. As he has grown older all of his interests have been the same as my husbands. It's so nice to go detecting with him. We get excited about the same things now and have fun and laugh too. BUT, I am still my son's number one baseball fan :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread