Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Be careful who you tell where your hunting spots are! My "friend" snaked mine...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2012
    Front Royal
    White's MXT
    42 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Be careful who you tell where your hunting spots are! My "friend" snaked mine...

I have been hunting with this guy for years now. I even took him to the spot where I found my 2 CSA buckles. -The deal was that he only go with me and tell nobody else. I went back to my "secret" spot the other day, and BAM! -Holes EVERYWHERE! I quickly sent him a text hoping that it wasn't him...but it was. He acted like it was no big deal. Well, it is to me! Our relic hunting days are done, and I hope he falls and breaks his machine. LOL! Guess you never know who your friends are...

us
    Adventure1

Jan 2013
    North central Pa.
    Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
    524 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    This is forever going to be a problem.. If you have a secret spot keep it just that.. Sorry to hear your friend snaked you.
    God made man.. Sam Colt made them equal

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    Garrett AT Pro
    2954 times
    Dang it TK in VA - you can't trust anyone. Now, when you find that next secret spot - let us know the location so we can make sure no one sneaks in and MD's

..: What Pennsylvania County Do You Live In? :..

..: What Florida County Do You Live In? :..

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

us
    Jul 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Fisher F75, Fisher 1266, Fisher 1270, Whites TDI, Garrett AT Gold
    1011 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    He will be the loser in the long run.

us
    Nov 2008
    Pikes Peak
    Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
    482 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Always sucks !!!! I took a "good friend" to an old hidden cabin, and the next week he went back with a friend. Snakes are everywhere !! This "friend" has never done any research,never found a place to go,nothing,,,, We are still friends and talk once in awhile,but whenever he brings up detecting,I change the subject ! I have learned my lesson for the last time.
    EagleDown likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Evensville, Tennessee
    Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
    1108 times
    Not only pisses ya off, but it plain hurts to have a trusted friend betray your trust. I have had it happen in both metal detecting and even more so in deer hunting. A guy I hunt with now on property I have exclusive right to, still laughs about my initiation speech to him. I included threats to his person and even his gene pool if I ever caught him on the property without me. All brought on by people of low moral standards. They are truly a piece of to do that to a friend.
    kuger, birdman, J.Cohoon04 and 2 others like this.

us
    Oct 2009
    1906 times
    "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead." In other words, once you tell anyone else, you can can consider the site gone forever.
    pepperj likes this.

us
    Feb 2013
    SW Indiana
    Garrett GTP 1350
    909 times
    Metal Detecting
    California, January 24, 1848. John Sutter had a Fort on the American River. He wanted a mill and hired a carpenter named James Marshall to build the main building. Marshall was scouting out a good spot for the construction and found some gold lying in the river. He went back to his buddies and said, "look. I found gold in the river!" That was it and the rush was on.
    Last edited by JunkShopFiddler; Aug 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
    pippinwhitepaws likes this.

I have similar deals with a couple of people, they are still trusted & have not been dumb enough to break our friendship. So my point is, do it but pick more carefully.
    cti4sw and steelheadwill like this.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

Dec 2006
    CTX 3030 and XP DEUS
    161 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Been there. I even had a couple so called 'good standing' members of a local club steal a few sites. It takes a lot of research to get good sites and then to have them stolen is a real bummer. I quit the club more than 20 years ago because of it. Now I keep my mouth shut about the sites and my finds too.
    JunkShopFiddler and firemac like this.

It's amazing what greed will do to someone even when there's nothing guaranteed!

us
    Aug 2011
    vp il
    71 times
    getting lost in the woods
    have a memorial say a few words cause he's
    dead to you now

the lone wolf is always the alpha male
    screwynewy and DanKnug like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Diggin up TEXAS!

Sep 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    Garrett AT Pro
    1626 times
    That does suck...From day 1...My hunting Buddy and I made a pack to only hunt certain areas while we are togahter...we have areas we hunt that doesnt matter if I go alone..or if he goes alone...But we do have a few secret spots we keep to ourselves.....When I go out detecting with my buddy....we share the excitment...espically if its a good spot....Sounds like that guy is just a selfish shiiihead

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2649 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Yep,that story is all too common,and the reason I hunt with VERY few!!!A once top poster on here....totally quit the entire game over the exact thing!!!
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2649 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkShopFiddler View Post
    California, January 24, 1848. John Sutter had a Fort on the American River. He wanted a mill and hired a carpenter named James Marshall to build the main building. Marshall was scouting out a good spot for the construction and found some gold lying in the river. He went back to his buddies and said, "look. I found gold in the river!" That was it and the rush was on.
    ....thats not exactly how it went down,but I get your point.............
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors