Modern day treasure hunt!

Dogtirednj

Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A house in my town came up for auction due to unpaid taxes. I bought it and have since learned the owner passed in '93 and its been vacant since. The kids just walked away. Everything's still in it. Furniture, clothing even food in the fridge! Well, we've been cleaning it out and so far I've found a key hidden in the freezer (to what i haven't figured out) and a small hidden room filled with antique toy trains from 30's 40's and 50's! This guy was a hider! Haven't even scratched the surface of stuff! Can't wait to hit the yard with my DFX! Hoping he was the buried cache type!

Upvote 7

littlebear

Jul 24, 2006
Elgin Texas
Detector(s) used
white 5900/DI Pro
Garrett GTA 1000 ultra
thats a real find in the trains and being around auctions all my life i enjoy doing what youre doing it can be a pain but just opening boxes thats not been opened in years is like chrietmas you never know whats in the next box. People seam to hang on to the strangest things youll find out i meam really strange stuff I once opened a box with at leese 500 batch boxes from differedt motels all over the country ??????????? quess he just likes them like I said you never know just have fun going through it. wish we were closer Id give you a hand just to have some fun take care and happy hunting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo_camera.gif
When you can -send some pictures Dogtirednj!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that sounds like alot of fun.. Hope you find tons of stuff.. Keep us posted..

OP
OP
D

Dogtirednj

Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trains seem to be endless! Can't wait for what else this house holds!

image-795331975.jpg

image-979163376.jpg

image-793234610.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions