Boy did I find a silver coin spill,,, Jackpot

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
View attachment 855696 Yesterday I went on one of my long road trips I like to take and I was hitting old schools and parks.

The second place I was at it was a square city block park on the other edge of town. I was their for awhile and not finding anything and I kept looking over at the far corner of the park. Their was a cherry tree and a evergreen bush there and it just did not look right until the light went on in my head, I bet their use to be a house there. So I worked my way over there and when I got about 5 foot from the cherry tree I got a weird signal. The numbers were jumping from 36 to 48 and the high tones was kind a fading in and out a lil. it wasn't a good strong tones. I cut out a plug and checked the hole with the PP and there was something in to bottom of the hole. I took out some more dirt and that's when I got a Seated dime, sweet. I rechecked the hole and there was more in it and that's when the fun really got going. Out of that hole I found a 1908s Barber half, a 1894o Barber quarter, 2- Seated dimes,, 1888, 1891s and 2- Barber dimes, 1902o, 1903. WOW, that's the best silver coin spill I've ever found, jackpot, Needless to say I hit that corner of the park really hard, lol but I didn't find anything else except for a wheat at the other end of the block. Now how in the heck did everybody that MDed that park in the past miss this coin spill???? because this place was picked over pretty good.

The next place I stopped at I found a rosie and a bunch of quarters, they were everywhere and their was a few plugs from another MDer there. He must of not been interested in clad quarters. I don't dig much clad but I never pass up a clad quarter, lol I was at this place for about a hour and I think I got about 4 bucks in clad quarters.

I didn't do any good at the next few places I stopped at until the last place I was at for the day and I did pretty good there. I found a 58d washington Q, 2 Merc's, another rosie. I got a 5 wheat penny spill there.

So I ended the day with 11 silver coins, 11 wheat's and the silver coin spill of a life time.

the first picture is just the coins from the spill and the other pic's is all of the silver's for the day

8-31-13.JPG

8-31-13-3.JPG

8-31-13-2.JPG

Upvote 28

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W:oW!! That's some eye popping finds...CONGRATS!

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would have loved to have found that spill...great finds ...and can still see the smile on your face here..

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now how in the heck did everybody that MDed that park in the past miss this coin spill???? because this place was picked over pretty good.

Well, that's pretty easy. There are many who will go from place to place and cherry pick as many places as they can. I'm sure they're happy getting the silver dollar that are left on top of the ground type hits. I'm sure they do well enough.

But, I'll tell ya, I am GLAD to pick up the coin spills like this one, the deeper, little harder finds. Not to mention all the gold rings they skip in their haste to get rich and be able to say they've found hundreds of silver coins this year. LOL

This is an EXCELLENT case for checking those "trash" signals. Too many signals! Just HAS to be trash! ;)

Very nice saves!!

HH!

justdugcrazy

Aug 6, 2013
Wow that's awesome I'm still waiting for my silver its come in I can feel it: -) keep hunting and keep posting bro

Bayou Joe

Mar 20, 2013
Milton Florida
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Excalibur II Fisher CZ21, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold,
Garret, Vibra Pro,
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, plus some old Dinosaurs.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome!!

atprolen

Jul 25, 2013
Northern michigan
Detector(s) used
Ace350. At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet you will remember this day for a long time. Congrats. Gota love this hobby

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic finds! That must have been a blast to dig all that silver.

maceman66

Mar 29, 2009
SE Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Mark!!! The ground around here is like cement!!! LOL I haven't been out since late may!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy moly looks like you were detecting a slot machine. that's one heck of a day. congrats!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! YOU hit Paydirt!! CONGRATS!! GORGEOUS FINDS!! Thanks for Sharing with ALL!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread