Green acres is the place to be. Farm metal is the life for me.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the farm after work again today. I concentrated up by the house & the backyard this time. Found an assortment of goods.
*Toy gun & a toy gun barrel.
*A small round heavy brush looking thingy with sharp pointed metal bristles. Any idea on what this is?
*Some aluminum clips. I keep finding these. Are they clothes pins?
*A broken up toy Cadillac. (1940's or 50's?)
*Shotgun shell piece (Remington).
*A small metal mystery item (pictured).
I finally found a few coins by the driveway. A 1969 penny and a 1992 nickel. Big whoop, huh. ;D
It was getting dark, so I decided to quickly hit the area where I found the CW era buttons and bullet.
*I found another small button (pictured), but am not sure of the age. Any idea????
All in all a fun dig. Sorry for the dirty fingers. ;D
Any help IDing some of these things would big a big help.
Thanks & HH,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 801
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 807
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 807
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 793
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 788
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 783
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 775
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 775
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 758
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 766
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 759
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
MM - As always I enjoy your posts and finds... that button is a winner! WTG!

Jim

Thanks Jim. Seems like they lost as many buttons as they did bullets back then. Maybe they were firing buttons too? ;D
-MM-

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment, Fossis,......................

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That button belongs to my moms coat. She lost it 30 some years ago. I will let her know you found it ;D

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Love your subject line! Man, that pointy thingy looks medieval!! Too bad about the broken car....that would have been a beauty!! Keep diggin!

HH,
Moon

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Im still waiting for you to REALLy dig out that privvy. I remember that you found a sweet looking med bottle inside the house in-between a wall and Im just certain that there are a bunch of wonderful bottles laying at the bottom of that hole. Good to see that you are covering the area well though,keep hitting around that driveway as old as that place is there must be some wonderful coins buried around there,HH...Shoot

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in a old farm house and I don't detect here because the farmer left a trail of wire wherever he went. It really p#$$#$ me off to dig up crazy twisted wire all afternoon. When we moved here I was 19 and made my husband drag the outhouse down by the river with a uniloader sp? and I'm still wishin I had left it there every time I see it. I'm getting inspired to dig up the dirt where it was but when I dig there I get grossed out cause the dirt is black and all powdery! :o

D

disharoon

Nice finds. What type of camera do you use? Those are great pics...Thanks

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Sara77 said:
I live in a old farm house and I don't detect here because the farmer left a trail of wire wherever he went. I'm getting inspired to dig up the dirt where it was but when I dig there I get grossed out cause the dirt is black and all powdery! :o

Man, I'd be diggin the wire to get to the rest of it... but only after I dug the S*#! outta that outhouse location! No pun intended... seriously, the dirt is not gonna getcha.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shootist said:
I'm still waiting for you to REALLy dig out that privy. I remember that you found a sweet looking med bottle inside the house in-between a wall and I'm just certain that there are a bunch of wonderful bottles laying at the bottom of that hole. Good to see that you are covering the area well though,keep hitting around that driveway as old as that place is there must be some wonderful coins buried around there,HH...Shoot

Shootist,
That privy you're thinking of is actually at the other property that I hit on weekends. It is where I found the old 1900 bottle hidden in the wall. I've been dying to dig out that privy all week ever since I watched them find all those bottles on the "Cash & Treasures" show. ;D I'll keep you posted. My shovels are ready to roll.
Have a good w/end.
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
texan connection said:
The brush looking thing is a sewing pin cushin minuse the cloth

I respectfully disagree. It's actually a frog...a device placed in the bottom of vases and into which flower stems were pushed so that they would stay in place...for flower arrangements.

See for yourselves: http://www.sonic.net/~mturkel/Pages/Vases/PinFrogs&Covers/PinFrogs&Covers.html

Thanks TT.
I would of never guessed that one.
By the way, the bottle opener you had asked about was so rusty & crusty, I couldn't make out any writting except a letter "S" at the end of a word. Sorry.
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
disharoon said:
Nice finds. What type of camera do you use? Those are great pics...Thanks

Disharoon,
My kids laugh at the camera I use. They call it a dinosaur. ;D It's actually an old Sony Mavica with like 1.2 million pixels. I like it because it holds a full sized 3 1/2" floppy disc. It really does do great close-up shots. You can pick one up pretty cheap on E-bay. ***Just make sure you have a computer that takes the 3 1/2" floppy disc. They are becoming extinct too. :D
Thanks,
MM

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Cool digs..the auto parts used to be a 1950s Hubley dump truck....Joe

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
i also use the Sony Mavica...... after i got it i put the Hewlett Packard camera in a dresser drawer and havent taken it back out....Sony makes excellent pics

TreasureTales beat me to the frog thing.....i have had several of them, excellent digs

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a good spot there. ::)

T

TreasureTales

Sara77 said:
I live in a old farm house and I don't detect here because the farmer left a trail of wire wherever he went. It really p#$$#$ me off to dig up crazy twisted wire all afternoon. When we moved here I was 19 and made my husband drag the outhouse down by the river with a uniloader sp? and I'm still wishin I had left it there every time I see it. I'm getting inspired to dig up the dirt where it was but when I dig there I get grossed out cause the dirt is black and all powdery! :o

As Montana Jim said, get out there and do it!! It's not the powdery stuff you need to worry about, it's the slushy stuff. LOL The powdery material shouldn't have an odor or any germs, go for it. Often the old privies would have fireplace and stove ashes dumped into them to limit the smell, so the powdery stuff would include ash, dried poo, and dirt...no big deal. You'll probably be very happy to see the stuff that comes out of it...could be old bottles, marbles, coins, who-knows-what-else. Good luck, and please let us know what you find, I realize it probably won't be until springtime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions