Dug Everything Today But The 1851 SWB Plate & on the cover of W & E Treasures Again!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug Everything Today But The 1851 SWB Plate & on the cover of W & E Treasures Again!!

We were supposed to have a break from the mid 90s with lower humidity in Tennessee today after a cool front passed through last night. I decided that I’d do a little solo hunting today since Dman had to work in his store and the other member of the Tennessee Trio TENN JOSH worked third shift last night. I told my wife that I thought I might dig a plate today. She just smiled-LOL.
The humidity was still very high with temperature in the low 70s and I had already sweated through my Columbia moisture wicking shirt (Thanks for the tip Buckleboy) after hunting an hour or so. I thought I would return to the truck and come back again when it was cooler and the hay was cut as I had only dug an old pocketknife. I got a decent reading on the F75 and was surprised to see the square brass buckle from an 1851 sword belt rig. Dman dug one at a Gen. John Hunt Morgan camp and they are not dug that often. Our friend Tom Hays at Stones River Trading Company in Murfreesboro told me they are associated with Dragoon usage and generally found in early CW camps.
Finding that square buckle was a good sign so I continued hunting. About six feet away, I dug a belt keeper (no benchmark) to an 1851 SWB plate. That was even more good news. A few minutes later, I dug a melted bullet. I spent another hour or so but didn’t find the plate. I will return there later to expand my search. If Dman, Josh, or Tenn. Digger finds the plate, that’s OK too as we are all in this together.
I called Dman and told him what I had found as I had promised. He said he’s cancelling his W & E Treasures subscription because of who is on the cover of the Oct. issue he received in the mail today. I was honored to be pictured on the cover for the fourth consecutive year. I have another article in the Oct. issue as well. I am just lucky to have good friends to hunt with here, in Arkansas, and Louisiana who provide plenty of good relic finds for me to write about. Thanks for looking and HH, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0677.JPG
    DSCN0677.JPG
    429.8 KB · Views: 194
  • Oct. 2013.png
    Oct. 2013.png
    372.2 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 11

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Congrats Quindy...... that keeper is, well, a keep'er! Glad to see you BACK on the cover of W/E Treasures. It is still way too hot for me but come fall, look out. You need to stay out of Gallatin, Tennessee and quit digging those relics down there! Tell D-Man to feed his dogs. :laughing9:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew when we met I should have had my picture taken with you. Every relic magazine I have there you are. Maybe next time I can get you to sign them. You are in them for a reason. You are a legend and a hunting machine. Congratulations on your finds and your continued success.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Q, I saw a commercial today on TV saying the premier of America's Top Model is coming on tonight, and this year will be the first time they're allowing MEN to compete. I'm sending my issue of W&ET to Tyra Banks! :laughing7:

Seriously, CONGRATS on finding that brass square buckle and your other goodies.

:)
Breezie

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Breezie,
With a mug shot like Quindy's you may have better luck sending it to Ernie Banks or River Banks. :tongue3:
-MM-
Just for that, we will be saving square nails for you to find and you MUST take Dman home with you-LOL. Q.

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll tell you what.... i think I'm cancelling my W&E subscruption because of who's on the BACK cover!

Take a look!

Last edited:
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll tell you what.... i think I'm cancelling my W&E subscruption because of who's on the BACK cover!

Take a look!
Dman called my attention to that Hop. He has already called Garrett and I plan to call tomorrow. Dman and I were at a party and a friend asked us if we jumped around and acted stupid when we found something. I won't tell what our reply was-LOL. Thanks and don't blame W & E. as they want to aell ads. Garrett needs to change their ads. HH and thanks for looking, Q.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Take a look!
After seeing that ad I do not think I will ever invest in one of their machines.LOL

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Congrats on some nice finds . I will take my Minelab and find the buckle for you. I know your machine only gets about 18 inches deep.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Some nice Digs Quindy and yeah you showed up in my mailbox today looking good as ever :laughing7:.

Bubba65

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Quindy. I once found a Model 1851 sword belt keeper, but at the time I was not very knowledgeable of CW relics and did not know what it was until I checked my books when I got home. I will never get back to that spot, and have always wondered if I left the plate there.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats Quindy...... that keeper is, well, a keeper! Glad to see you BACK on the cover of W/E Treasures. It is still way too hot for me but come fall, look out. You need to stay out of Gallatin, Tennessee and quit digging those relics down there! Tell D-Man to feed his dogs. :laughing9:

Thanks Donnie. If Dman gets anymore big dogs, he'll become dog food-LOL. Let's hit another railroad camp soon. HH, Q.

MM, we have some interesting finds planned for you-LOL. Thanks, Q.

Richard, you are too kind. Just a relic hunter like you and other Tnet regulars. Good luck at your new site, Q.

Thanks Breezie. More of a "Suprmuddle" than a Supermodel I think. HH, Q.

I plan to try to find that plate ZOD. Thanks for looking and taking time to reply, Quindy.

Dman, you will probably luck up & dig that buckle. The half of the 1851 SWB plate that you dug in Arkansas had the prettiest green patina of any relic I have ever seen dug. Q.

Bubba, glad I can keep you entertained. You are enjoying a great year digging. HH, Thanks, Q.

Steve my friend, I would always wonder if I left the buckle behind like you did after you dug the keeper. I will do a comprehensive search in this site. Fortunately, the first 1851 SWB plate I dug still had the keeper still attached from a U.S. Cavalry camp. HH Bud, Q.

Thanks for stopping by as usual Bill. We will be out your way hunting Arkansas with Okie friends later this year. Thanks & HH Bill, Q.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for all the early morning chuckles y'all and congrats to you Quindy,that keeper is beautiful.

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, that mag came in the mail yesterday for me! Cool

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's time to change your name to Ole Smokey. You can find those relics no matter where you're hunting! lol
Congrats on the finds and making the cover of W&E!!
Nana :)

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations Quindy - good stuff! You are the Relic Reaper of the South!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for all the early morning chuckles y'all and congrats to you Quindy,that keeper is beautiful.

Thanks Tennessee Gal. Maybe one of us can find the plate this Fall. HH, Q.

Glad you liked it WF. Stay after it and good luck this Fall. HH, Q.

Persistence does pay J.B. I hope everyone got to see your last post on the quarry finds. Very interesting my friend. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions