🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission at an old house I've had my eyes on for a while, I'm surprised that I didn't get more but I'm happy with what I got KINDLE_CAMERA_1378136587000.jpg cool Pontiac token, 09 IH, 35 buff, small flat button, and 9 wheats
My atpro hardly sounded off, man I hope nothing's wrong with it

Last edited:
Upvote 3

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indian head, Buffalo, flat button. You couldn't smack the smile off my face. Congrats on a PRODUCTIVE hunt.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indian head, Buffalo, flat button. You couldn't smack the smile off my face. Congrats on a PRODUCTIVE hunt.:icon_thumleft:

Thanks a lot! Don't get me wrong I'm grateful but just surprised. The house is over 125 yrs old and just has that "look" about it. I'm surprised at the small amount of signals I was getting.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted before maybe? Any chance there's an "S" peeking out on the back of that IH? Nice finds! :thumbsup:

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling of searching pre swung places gotta be creative with those..

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I suspect I'm not the first to hit this place. And no unfortunately no "s" thank God actually because I got a little aggressive cleaning it

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission at an old house I've had my eyes on for a while, I'm surprised that I didn't get more but I'm happy with what I got View attachment 857080 cool Pontiac token, 09 IH, 35 buff, small flat button, and 9 wheats
My atpro hardly sounded off, man I hope nothing's wrong with it

Oh SURE!

As long as the finds keep coming, everything is hunky dory. But, let them slip, just a bit, on a site where expectations were high and right away, Gee I hope the machine ain't broke. ;) LOL

It sounds like you have what I call a "clean" site. Believe it or not. Not EVERY household trashed their yards. Some people actually take the time to find and use their trashcans. :) They can be a very pleasurable place to hunt. Maybe, sometimes, a little boring but still nicer than a trash hole.
If you doubt your machine, dig a hole and bury a quarter. It might tell ya something about the ground anyway. :)

I'd say you have a fine start. Listen really, really closely. Might be a deep ground!

HH!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh SURE!

As long as the finds keep coming, everything is hunky dory. But, let them slip, just a bit, on a site where expectations were high and right away, Gee I hope the machine ain't broke. ;) LOL

It sounds like you have what I call a "clean" site. Believe it or not. Not EVERY household trashed their yards. Some people actually take the time to find and use their trashcans. :) They can be a very pleasurable place to hunt. Maybe, sometimes, a little boring but still nicer than a trash hole.
If you doubt your machine, dig a hole and bury a quarter. It might tell ya something about the ground anyway. :)

I'd say you have a fine start. Listen really, really closely. Might be a deep ground!

HH!
Lol I suppose I sound a little greedy here. I thought perhaps my detector because it seems "off" lately hard to explain but in pro mode it sounds kinda choppy, but when that's happening I noticed the numbers registering between twenty and forty. Almost as if it's acknowledging the stuff below forty that I discriminate out. I tried the quarter thing you mentioned and bam, solid 87 at 6 Inches. I'm gonna go with what you suggested and say that it's a clean yard. Or hit already, I recently started hunting with an old timer who's been at it for thirty years and through conversations I found that he's hit some of the spots in rural areas near me that I've been too lol he probably hit this spot too. Thanks and hh!

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I suppose I sound a little greedy here. I thought perhaps my detector because it seems "off" lately hard to explain but in pro mode it sounds kinda choppy, but when that's happening I noticed the numbers registering between twenty and forty. Almost as if it's acknowledging the stuff below forty that I discriminate out. I tried the quarter thing you mentioned and bam, solid 87 at 6 Inches. I'm gonna go with what you suggested and say that it's a clean yard. Or hit already, I recently started hunting with an old timer who's been at it for thirty years and through conversations I found that he's hit some of the spots in rural areas near me that I've been too lol he probably hit this spot too. Thanks and hh!

so is mine...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions