1841 Large Cent and Musket Parts

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still hunting around the early 1800's homestead near my house and came across a few more goodies. Found some horse tack buckles, another belt buckle, some flat buttons (one with a little gilt still on it) a Coronet large cent with the date worn off , an 1841 large cent, and a 1 1/4" decorative button or medallion ?? (shown front and back). I also found a well worn 1824 large cent and an 1879 IH penny that I gave to the property owner in a shadow box along with some other interesting items I had found. There's a whole other field that will be hayed shortly, so that will open up a whole new search area.

Also pictured are the fore end, trigger guard and side plate of an early musket. I posted these on the What Is It site and the jury is still out as to exactly what gun they are from. A close match seems to be a Model 1816 Springfield.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_1248.JPG IMG_1249.JPG IMG_1250.JPG IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

Upvote 13

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save on the gun parts. The large buckle is excellent too!

OP
OP
Metdet49

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great save on the gun parts. The large buckle is excellent too!

Thanks BuckleBoy, These gun parts are a first for me. I really like finding these old buckles too. I have actually found 3 of these recently, two with tines at this site and one without the tine at another site about 1/2 mile away. Do you know what date range we're talking about for this style of buckle?

Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread