Virgin ground detecting videos

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virgin ground detecting videos - UPDATED with video 5!

Starting way back in late winter of this year I found a place where virgin ground was being exposed and the detecting was incredible. I posted a lot of those finds here, but for obvious reasons I wasn't going to post the videos to let others pirate my site. Well, after 6 months the site is once again under concrete so I have started to post to the hunt videos on youtube, but I forgot to came back and posted them here too. I am listing all the first videos here so I don't create lots of similar threads. There are still more videos coming from this site, but here are the first 4.

Last edited:
Upvote 18

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! When can we see 'em all cleaned up and laid out?

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! When can we see 'em all cleaned up and laid out?

Depends on how many videos I break the last section into. About 2 hours of unedited video clips. But it's probably going to be a few weeks.

jtomlinson

Jan 3, 2013
Newport
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75, Garret pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! job well done, great video

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent videos !!! Good entertainment for a morning :)

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason , thank you ! You are certainly living what most of us dream of - that's as close to "stealing candy from a baby " as it gets !!! excellent hunt videos !
can hardly wait to see the cleaned up coins in total !

Last edited:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the great hunts! It's every hunter's dream to have a place like that- I've had 1 in 22 years- amazing feeling. Looking forward to seeing the coins cleaned up. Continued success & HH!

Jeff in Mass

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Jason thanks for the great show, very well done. Amazing finds in all those nails. Just went thru something very simaler with those darn things.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome videos. Thanks for taking us along with you, although I don't think I'd be that calm.

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jason in Enid. You 'da man! That is a real coinucopia of a site! Can't wait to see the wrap-up. I am curious about how to go about getting permission to hunt sites like that?? Thanks for the excellent vids and HH.

C9

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jason in Enid. You 'da man! That is a real coinucopia of a site! Can't wait to see the wrap-up. I am curious about how to go about getting permission to hunt sites like that?? Thanks for the excellent vids and HH.

C9

Coinucopia, I like that term!

Getting permission is simple. First, it's public property with no metal detecting regulations posted or un-posted. Second, I walked up and asked who was in charge then walked up to him and asked if it was OK to metal detect the job site in places they weren't actively working.

There were times I would get there at 8 am and start detecting then the workers would show up later. If they were working another area I kept at it, if they were working my hunting area I left so I wouldn't bother them.

If you get permission for a job site, treat it like any other spot; fill your holes, take out your trash, and don't touch any marker stakes or strings.

Last edited:

asmerri

Mar 19, 2013
North Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, E-Trac
Amazing site and finds Jason! Would you consider the local library a public site that doesn't necessarily need permission? There is a very old local library I would love to hunt! Once again, SWEET finds.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who owns the library? City? County? Those are public properties and any rules dealing with municipal or county land will be available somewhere.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Jason! Now I know where Enid is located. There's a building tear out in downtown area where I live. Waiting for less than 95 degree weather to hunt it without becoming drenched in sweat.

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been following your videos on You Tube and just can't wait for the next one ! You have one hell of a hunting site , keep it coming !
Glen

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Jason! Now I know where Enid is located. There's a building tear out in downtown area where I live. Waiting for less than 95 degree weather to hunt it without becoming drenched in sweat.

Be careful about waiting too long if you aren't sure of the schedule. You may have a long time, or they may start pouring concrete as soon as the ground is clear. Not all construction sites are silver mines. I have found that most have nothing but trash to offer but I still hunt every one I can because a few are virgin ground waiting for a detector.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT videos! Can't wait to see the grand totals. At that rate, with so many hours of video left to edit, I'm sure the totals are impressive. Congrats!

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch all your videos ... nice to see you on Tnet ...awesome videos

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread