Battery Money!

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I typically don't brag about what I find. I might if I really hit a jack pot, but that's not likely to happen out in my neck of the woods. But I got this itch.....

We have a local farmer's market here in Roswell, NM. It is held on a street next to the county courthouse, and the nearby grounds. It is legal detecting territory as the grounds are considered city property. I haven't hunted it for several years, so I spent about 3 hours this morning covering no more than 20% of the grassy areas. I came home with enough clad to buy not only a set of batteries, but a good breakfast as well! I even found a 1960 dime (that's a story in itself), and a old hinge. I'm still beaming.

Upvote 3

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Ya got to love it Alan Applegate - thanks for sharing...

smokedaddy

Mar 4, 2008
SE Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum / Fisher 1266X / Minelab Sovereign Elite/ Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats what its all about Al. Nothing wrong with fresh batteries and a good free meal.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I remember along time ago when I could get a tank of gas!!!

atprolen

Jul 25, 2013
Northern michigan
Detector(s) used
Ace350. At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to hunt the small town I live in. When all the kids gather around and ask question and I let them keep the clad all they say is I want one of those for Christmas. To see there faces when a coin pops out of ground. If it helps keep them out of bad things and learn a good hobby. Iam all for letting them keep the clad. But. I do tell them if its gold I get to keep it. To me. Clad is a good teaching tool

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread