Rock hard ground produces Silver!!!

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,

Sunday I was hunting with a couple of guys at a state park. We were all using high end machines, figuring one of us was going to get lucky and find some silver. We had fisher f75, whites dfx, minelab explorer se, etrac, and ctx3030. I use the ctx3030, I also have the 17×13 inch coil on it. Since I have the larger coil, all of my hunting buddies call me over to recheck their iffy targets, Well it was nearing the end of the day my buddy dave calls me over and asks me to check out one more thing. He says I got a 00-28 on the explorer at 8 + inches deep. He says I know its silver but the ground that its in is like concrete and if I want to dig it up I can have it. So I break down and chisel the ground with my screwdriver. After 45 minutes of my friends standing over me watching me, patiently waiting to see what is down at the bottom of the hole. At a depth of 10 inches out comes a 1942 mercury dime!! It's in nice condition, well after removing one mercury dime, I swing my machine to see if there is any thing else. And beep, beep, beep, there are a few more targets at a depth of 12 inches. Myself and 2 of my friends worked on that hole for 60 or more minutes and that dam ground was so hardpacked with rocks, clay and dry soil we all gave up. I saved it as a find point on my ctx3030 so we can just revisit the spot when conditions are less dry and more wet. Hopefully we will get a good soaker and we can get those silver coins out before someone else rechecks hole and has a portable hammer drill!! Lol!! Does anybody know where I can get one at?

ForumRunner_20130908_230159.png

ForumRunner_20130908_230214.png

Upvote 2

RelicPrime113

Aug 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Exciting isn't it? I found a 1942 mercury dime two days ago too. :thumbsup:

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
If you find out where to get one let me know, the dirt here in Vegas is 75% like that. Found a 42 myself today. Yours is alot nicer. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions