Funny Story...

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Braved the sub freezing temps yeserday and went out to my dad's house to see if I couldn't find some silver. There use to be an old house on the property so I started hitting there with my XLT. I was getting a bunch of nice hits but I quickly realized that the ground was COMPLETELY STINKING FROZEN. I had no hammer, no chisel, no nothing. So instead of fighting the groundcrete as i like to call it. I just marked my signals for a warmer, easier day. Anyways... to make a long story short. My dad was walking out of his house to see if we had hit anything good.. then i hear him say "Well i'll be da&%ed", and then from the surface of his drive way he pulls a 1943 Merc... heh. Nice. So i'm going back when it warms up to find my own.

xstevenx

Upvote 0

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he's messing with you. He threw there then came out....I think he got you good.... LOL

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Note to self: "Add propane torch to coinshooting gear."

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
You will always wonder if he planted it,, lol. I have to share a trick/prank/ I played on my best hunting buddy,, my Father. He has found many toy pistols/capguns, and that is one of his favorite finds. I (me and my kids, so I am not 100% guilty) bought a cap gun and buried it in his yard. It may be YEARS before he hunts his own yard, but when he finds it,,,, I hope me or my children can watch! I will tell him, and he will laugh, but,,, he WILL get me back,,, makes for a fun life:)

HH
MC

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
haha that's great, I hope if he did plant it he got a good smile/laugh out of my reaction.. because those are priceless.

xstevenx

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Father knows best.