Sidewalk tearout

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
I decided to go to a park here in Maryland. Hoped to do some detecting but found that the ground was quite frozen though the air wasn't too bad. Grrr... Rock solid ground.

Lucky for me the area I chose just had a sidewalk tearout done that day. I was able to search the dirt piles along the length of sidewalk but the interior of the walk was covered in tarps.

The dirt pile gave up an Indian head in the first 2 minutes... 60 minutes later I got a wheatie and a small Weightlifting pin from Taiwan.

I guess next time I need to check the ground thaw before I hit the road.

Dates:
1883 Indian Head Penny
1917 Wheat

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great finds for the frigged weather, or great finds anytime, Congrats!
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, Hurry Spring, Fossis.....................

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do all the sidewalks you can and the grass by the curb.

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I've been at it at our local park doing the same thing. They tore out 3 blocks of street and sidewalk to widen the road. I've managed a .44 colt CW pistol bullet and a 1921 wheat. I know theres more out there, but the dirt mounds are frozen

AOgden

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2006
Weedsport NY
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 250
All of the sidewalks on my street are supposed to be replaced this summer. I already told the boss that I would be taking a few days off. All of the houses on this street were built in the late 1800's.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got my eye on a sidewalk tearout and replacement job myself. Was going to check it out today but the rains came. Supposed to get colder and possibly snow tomorrow, but at least the workmen won't be back until the weather settles. Good finds. Monty

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Bjorn. I'll keep my eyes open for any sidewalk tear outs on my next trip to town, knowing me I will find a tear out and start detecting and forget what I originally went to town for. ;D ;D

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread