Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, I haven't posted any of my finds here in awhile and I hope that everyone enjoys seeing this one. I love to hunt Native Artifacts and older Relics out in the bush and came across this coin beside a portage that has been used for years and years. I don't get too many signals while bush whacking so I dig everything that goes beep. This coin was a few inches under some mud and rocks on the edge of the river. I can't believe that I actually found this while looking for Artifacts, found a nice little stone knife for my troubles that day as well. This is probably my first and last gold coin that I will ever find but will be returning to pound the heck out of that site again this Fall or early Spring. Maybe the person who lost this years ago had more in his pockets that day? This is by far the oldest coin that I have ever found and was shaking for hours after digging it. Thanks for looking and good luck to all of you in your future hunts. :headbang:
IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG

Upvote 86

texasvarmit

Oct 6, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold, Fisher CZ5 quicksilver, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, I haven't posted any of my finds here in awhile and I hope that everyone enjoys seeing this one. I love to hunt Native Artifacts and older Relics out in the bush and came across this coin beside a portage that has been used for years and years. I don't get too many signals while bush whacking so I dig everything that goes beep. This coin was a few inches under some mud and rocks on the edge of the river. I can't believe that I actually found this while looking for Artifacts, found a nice little stone knife for my troubles that day as well. This is probably my first and last gold coin that I will ever find but will be returning to pound the heck out of that site again this Fall or early Spring. Maybe the person who lost this years ago had more in his pockets that day? This is by far the oldest coin that I have ever found and was shaking for hours after digging it. Thanks for looking and good luck to all of you in your future hunts. :headbang:
View attachment 864275 View attachment 864276
great idea of looking along a river and a portage with you detector. Note to self, always check near waterways and at rural paths /roads! Great find!:occasion18:

Dayzt

Greenie
Nov 5, 2013
Calgary, AB
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find!! Was it quite the hike to reach that portage spot? I'm sure your walk back from there was a lot easier than the walk in! Congrats!

JCRIII

Greenie
Jun 25, 2009
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
White & BOBCAT
Great find!! Some people hunt a life time and never find any gold coins. Have you found out what it's worth. Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Backbacon

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a very long walk in and the same coin is up on E-bay for about $260 ungraded. Here's s couple of more photos.
IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0011.JPG

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good find,i herd that the indians would play games with the white mans money,like how far they could throw it,as it was no good to them

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
good find,i herd that the indians would play games with the white mans money,like how far they could throw it,as it was no good to them

I'm pretty sure the Aboriginal people's weren't throwing around gold coins a hundred years or so ago
it was valuable to everyone then as it is now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions