Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, I haven't posted any of my finds here in awhile and I hope that everyone enjoys seeing this one. I love to hunt Native Artifacts and older Relics out in the bush and came across this coin beside a portage that has been used for years and years. I don't get too many signals while bush whacking so I dig everything that goes beep. This coin was a few inches under some mud and rocks on the edge of the river. I can't believe that I actually found this while looking for Artifacts, found a nice little stone knife for my troubles that day as well. This is probably my first and last gold coin that I will ever find but will be returning to pound the heck out of that site again this Fall or early Spring. Maybe the person who lost this years ago had more in his pockets that day? This is by far the oldest coin that I have ever found and was shaking for hours after digging it. Thanks for looking and good luck to all of you in your future hunts. :headbang:
IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG

Upvote 86

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow! I'll bet that was a complete surprise. a most excellent find!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
some day...some day....i am still waiting...

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Very cool!

Gold coins don't show up all too often, when one does it still proves they're out there waiting to be found. Any gold in any condition is a good find these days! congrats

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
and I don't understand that either...when I was a kid if I dropped a nickel I would have spent the rest of the week looking for it! Money was not something I would have ever lost...let alone GOLD....

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a major find ! Don't ever say it might be the last one you'll ever find , you really just don't know !

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's incredible!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
BEAUTIFUL GOLD COIN! :wav::wav: Just now saw your post while still sleepy & readying my detecting foray to a popular beach this morning --- if I dig anything super today, it will be your lucky coin spilling its luck way down here to coastal CA. HOPE YOU FIND MORE GOOD SURPRISES YOUR NEXT TIME OUT! :icon_thumright: Andi

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing coin, man! It's gorgeous. :)

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Backbacon, what a fantastic find! I've got one of those that I bought but to dig it up in the wilderness is just crazy. Hope you find some more good stuff in that area. Congrats and thanks for posting your find!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A gold coin is an awesome find. :hello2: Still looking for my first one. Congrats! :thumbsup:

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and I don't understand that either...when I was a kid if I dropped a nickel I would have spent the rest of the week looking for it! Money was not something I would have ever lost...let alone GOLD....

I bet someone did look for that coin but if you don't know when or where it got lost, SOL

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread